Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Livinlite VRV 2014 and a half

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, new to forum..

We are looking at ordering a Livinlite VRV 8.5x24 and asking to extend the box to 26 so we can get that extra 2 feet.

I have seen older models that have the 8.5x26 already and wonder if anyone knows why they have chosen not to offer that size? was it troublesome? parts? installation?

I have read lots of good things, and also visited a local dealer here so it all looks good, but I have also read some other stories about things coming from the manufacture in not so good or even missing things.

I really like this all alloy light trailer, and still would end up getting it, but want to have an expectation set from users and not the sellers. Keeps the heart break to a mininum.

I also wondered about that "SPRAY ON Underfloor Insulation". We are ordering ours with 2 bunk outs beds, so with it opened, I am sure what ever the temperature is, it will find its way in. As for noise, I would think that road noise would be at a minimum since you can't be in the trailer while it is moving.. and sitting still at a campsite, would not produce much noise under the trailer... Perhap other users have found other technical reason to purchase this.. humidity possibly?

Any recent purchasers can share their stories? How close was the deliverables to what was set in the expections.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Regards,

KS
Hobbicam Development
Aerial Video Safety Training
My Videos
6 REPLIES 6

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
just put our order in last week.. whew!! excitement starts..:)
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

Stevepro172
Explorer
Explorer
ok, I see that they finally updated their website with the new models. Looks like they added 2 feet to every old model they had. However the only thing I don't like is the black tank says 13 gallons but it's only 10 and only good for max 2 days with 2 adults/2 kids. It's needs to be at least 20 gallons to be able to dry camp for a long weekend. Good luck with the purchase. we love ours.

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
I know it confused me too.. but the 2014 1/2 models don't offer those same size. I have shared the pdf of the new model. The only FBR model is available on the 28" box only. Maybe these are all the same, just measured differently. I was told that the Livinlite uses the measurements of the exterior of the box, not the trailer hitch part. So, if I am correct, their model 8.5x24 would be actually 26-28ft from the back of the box to the hitch itself. Am I incorrect?

Looks like it is also 7" taller and some other things.

Here is the new model info: 2014 1/2 model details.

I could have ordered the 2013, but it would not have those upgrades that I can easily change out.. like 7" taller, bigger liquid tank.

anyway, that is why I opt for the 2014 24 footer and requested that they extend 2ft more at the back for me.

Thanks for your input,

Hobbicam
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

Stevepro172
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you are looking at the Quicksilver LivinLite VRV. They don't offer an 8.5x24 unless it's custom. You can order a 8.5 x 26 with either a front bedroom or not.

As for the insulation, I don't have it but it is available so that in theory you can camp in freezing temps. suppose to protect the water lines. Since I don't plan on camping when it's freezing I didn't get it because more easier to work on the plumbing if there is an issue.

As for the flooring, never been hot to me but sure is cold. In the summer this is a plus, now that its colder not so much. We just use area rugs once we unload all the toys and that works well for us.

If you plan on using power tools and the A/C I would opt for the 50 amp service.

I travel with a 7500 watt Geny. Overkill yes but that is what I have. I plan on getting a Yamaha/Honda inverter next year as I plan on doing a lot of dry camping. Speaking of which, the VRV only comes with a 10 gallon Black tank which gives my family of 4 about 3 days if we conserve the water usage. I find this the biggest short coming of the unit. Other than that we love it.

Steve

hobbicam
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking with the 2 bunk beds that opens outwards, you would be letting the exterior temp in anyway. As for the floor cold walking around.. I plan to pick up a garage rubber mat at COSTCO or SAM's Club and cut to fit with velcro underneath to keep it from moving around.. Wife wants to just get a nice area rug to put under the benchtops and sofa.

Not sure if you have seen the bunk outs, with fully loaded, you can still open the Queen side Bunk outs beds outward on both sides and have 2 Queen to sleep without having to move anything.

KS
Hobbicam Development
My Videos

Bedlam
My only concern with all aluminum construction is how well it is insulated since the metal will conduct exterior cold/heat and bring it inside. I would be interested in knowing the equivalent R insulation rating of the spray on foam.

I looked at those prior to our TC purchase and could not get enough garage for what we wanted and still have a place to sleep when loaded.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD