cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

loading can am spyder

athena24
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone hauling a can am spyder have difficulty loading into fifth wheel toy hauler? Spyder stalls on incline because of going slow to load. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

honda4us
Explorer
Explorer
We have hauled and loaded all 3 of our Spyder's in either one of the Toy haulers we have owned with no issues. The '08 GS se5, the '12 RT-s and the '14 RT limited. As others have said, might have the Bike checked out.
As to strapping them down, per Canam and our Dealer, load the bike, set parking brake,-run a ratchet strap through the back wheel and anchor slightly to the rear, use 2 additional ratchet straps, hook on the a-arm out by the wheel on each side, either center point anchor to the trailer or cross them in a "X" pattern, release the brake and ratchet tight. Re set brake and you are good to go. After several oop's over the years from broken straps and such, Don't cheap out, buy good 1500 LB plus rated straps.
Martin & Wendy
Jessica & Alex
Sundance the guard dog
'15 3500HD C/C LTZ BLACK LMLD/A 4X4,B & W HITCH :B
'12 3500 EC/LB SRW
'13 Raptor 381LEV W/GOODYEAR G614's
4 Honda ATV's,:B '14 Can-AM Spyder RT-Limited :B

Ralleys attended 17 and counting :B:B

Badhabt
Explorer
Explorer
Been kicking around pickup up a Spyder ST-S or ST-Limited...curious on how you secure it in the back. Have any pics of it loaded?
06 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Dually Tow Boss
07 Raptor 3612DS
06 Raptor 700R 50th Anniv Edition - mine
06 Wolverine 450 - wifes
13 Can Am Spyder ST-Limited - more mine
14 Can Am Spyder RT-S - more hers

shagan77
Explorer
Explorer
We load ours all the time, it's an automatic, no stalling. In fact, when I load it at home the camper is on an incline (nose down), so the ramp is even more steep. I've not had any issues and I load it very slowly due to having to put it next to the left wall of the camper (so my Ultra fits beside/behind it).

Have you had it serviced?
2015 Sierra Denali 3500 Duramax\Dually
2011 Cyclone 3950 HD
2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S Limited (DW's)
Usually a keg of beer....

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just take a run at it. That snowmobile has plenty of power.

Slated4Greatnes
Explorer
Explorer
Warm it up first and it won't stall.
2004 WW SLC3505
Truma tankless WH, 6V's, LEDs inside/out, Flipped axles Michelin LTX's.

2006 F350 Tow Boss W/Training wheels
(Bulletproofed) ARP's, Decked blk/heads, BPD Remote OC, EGR & WP, Snow H20, 4.30:1, SCT W/GH, FS bags, 6" Aus Stax, Train Horns.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
We have no issue loading our RT-S SE5. Never stalled once. May be the bike needs attention?
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Have friends that have a Voltage and a Can-Am and they have no issues loading/unloading theirs.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried backing it in ?

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
A conventional manual transmission Spider is almost impossible to stall if you give it enough gas and feather the clutch, so you must have the semi-auto version. The Spider has had stalling problems with that bike, there was even a recall for stalling due to the auto-clutch not disengaging at slow speeds. Either a bit more speed or winch it.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
We used a winch for our bikes.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

roaming_elevati
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't loaded a spider but I know with the bike we have to use some speed up the ramp