cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at toy haulers to buy????

carpetguy2
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I been looking at TH.Seen a few we really like .And Seen one I never heard of but VERY NICE AND PRICEY.
Grand design Momentum any compare to this or equivalent.
2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2016 Open range 3x378
Some other toys too
8 REPLIES 8

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a Northwood Desert Fox series, may be very hard to find in your area, but worth it, if you can find one.

A tough Very WELL built, but heavy TH. I spent 2 yrs going, under and thru every TH built, and settled on a Desert Fox. None better, IMHO.

Tia,
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
My .02.

If you're looking for a toy hauler to take to campgrounds and be your golf cart/Harley hauler, I would also recommend a nicer unit like a Grand Design or even step up to an Excel, etc. As a former Cyclone owner, it just appears the cookie cutter toy haulers are more concerned with pushing out whatever they can to keep up with sales. That seems nice but in our experience, quality was extremely poor and the manufacturer had ZERO time to deal with us over a major issue we were having after only two months of ownership.

For those wanting to buy a toy hauler to do races and other "rougher" trips, get a Work & Play or a custom built race trailer. Today's toy haulers seem to be more about being a nice 5th wheel with a garage. They focus on the fancy stuff and not the ruggedness of the camper and what we put them through.

Td119
Explorer
Explorer
After 2 years of research and numerous visit to RV shows we purchased a Grand Design momentum 380. We found a 6 week old used 380 which was traded in for a Newmar bus. Went we picked it up the unit had 35 HRS on the generator and the stove was never used. Grand Design customer service is top notch, when we picked it up one of the screen doors to the garage was missing and customer service in replacing them free of charge! If you look at the quality of the TH you will see they are one of the best build at this price point. A friend of mine picked up a 44' Voltage in June and the unit has been in the dealer for warranty work for 6 weeks, replaced 3 of the 6 hydraulics, new hydraulic hoses, leaks in the water system, the QC in the unit is horrible. Voltage was one of our top choices until we saw the issues he was having, all the work was covered by the dealer but the time and expense to keep taken it back to the dealer is ridiculous!! I highly recommend Grand Design and if you want a quality build RV with a TV in the living room that faces you and not on the wall at an angle you should serious look into the 380 Momentum. If you shop around you can pick on up for about $79K to $80K (MSRP with options is about $106,000).
Hope this helps.

SBL9A
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Octane 222
Be safe.

SBL9A

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
Grand design is supposed to have really good customer service too.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Momentum 380TH and so far really like it. We are full-timers and have only been in it 6 weeks, but so far have found little we do not like.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
Fuzion chrome package? The grand design is really nice but we decided to go with a fuzion (bought it this summer) because they both depreciate and we have kids and dogs and the Fuzion seemed to be made with this dynamic in mind (though I wish the 342 came with a double fridge option).
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
look at the excel wild cargo
drv has one with a enterior slide wall that uses the box part