Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for 30 ft or so Toy Hauler with Walk Around Bed

WillB5
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Looking for help with finding a particular layout in a toy hauler. We've been looking at many trailers, but haven't found exactly what we want. Ideally it would be around 30 ft long total, hopefully even a bit less. The Keystone Carbon 27 is almost ideal, except we'd like one where one can walk around 3 sides of the bed. We are willing to sacrifice the wall between the garage and living area, but want 1 slide out in the living area like the Keystone Carbon 27 has.
I don't need a large garage area. I'll only be hauling one motorcycle at the most. We can buy new or used. So a 8 or 9 foot garage is plenty.
Thanks!
Will
11 REPLIES 11

WillB5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the great tips. The Desert Fox 27FS is very nice. It has some features I havenโ€™t seen elsewhere like 16โ€ tires and an available 8 cu ft fridge. But weโ€™re looking for one with a slide in the living area to get just a little more space.
The Eclipse models are really close to what I was looking for. The 28SAG looks great and they have an Iconic 2817CKG on their website. Unfortunately theyโ€™re apparently not sold east of the Mississippi. It could be worth a trip out west for the perfect toy hauler though!
Weโ€™ve looked at the various Keystone models. A good friend has a Raptor. But weโ€™re trying to stay around 31โ€™ max length if possible.
I had considered d the Dutchman Voltage 2951, but again no slide in the living area.
The Work N Play haulers are a good tip. Iโ€™d seen them but passed over them, since I didnโ€™t know that some of them have nicely finished living areas. The 30WRS is longer than we want, but if the 25WAB had a slide, it would be absolutely perfect. Right at 30โ€™ long so itโ€™d be easier to tow and qualify for shorter camp sites. It is a good candidate if we decide to compromise and go with no slide.
Itโ€™s a good competitor to the Sportsman Sportster 265TH which is about the same length with no slide, but is a 5th wheel .
Itโ€™s all fun, I love shopping! My spreadsheet of candidate trailers has now grown to 41 units!

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
If we were to buy another coach built as well as our Camplite 21rbs it would be the ATC.28 with the front bedroom and built in Genny.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have a Work & Play 30WRS. Not as fancy but tough as nails, a small slideout for the couch, a 10' garage, and a walk around bed in the master bedroom. The guy who bought it from me did so to haul his Harley to Daytona and Sturgis.

chipworkz
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought the Voltage Triton 2951 5th wheel. It has the walk around bed but no slides in the main area, just one for the closet in the bedroom. Total length is only 32'.
http://www.dutchmen.com/voltage/floorplans-and-pictures/

We also looked at the Eclipse trailers but the quality left a lot to be desired. Also there have been a lot of posts on frame cracks on the Eclipse trailers. There are options for the shorter 5th wheels now but we couldn't find any used. If new is an option, they are out there.
1999 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 DRW, P3 controller, Reese 20K, AirLift bags, Rancho 9000's
2017 Voltage Triton 2951

05 300 EXC
08 KFX 450R
07 TRX 400 EX
07 TRX 250EX
06 TTR 50
92 KX 250
Custom Sandrail

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
I've been looking at Toy Haulers for quite awhile and hadn't come across those Eclipse Attitude models. They have a few options under 35'. Good tip. I really (really) prefer fifth wheels trailers but it's a struggle to find a TH that isn't pushing up close to 40'.

They are out there. My Attitude 28SAG is just over 31ft total length. Its the separate garage models that really jump up in size/weight.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Just posting to say we have the "old" version of the Carbon 27, the Raptor 27FS. Not being able to walk around the bed really really sucks, and is one of the reasons we want to upgrade to a 5th wheel. Sorry I'm not answering with something more helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're willing to go up to 35' or so, the Keystone Impact 5th wheels might fit what you want. We're looking at the 351 for ourselves, with a 12' garage. The 311 has a 10 garage and is right around 35'.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at Toy Haulers for quite awhile and hadn't come across those Eclipse Attitude models. They have a few options under 35'. Good tip. I really (really) prefer fifth wheels trailers but it's a struggle to find a TH that isn't pushing up close to 40'.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Eclipse Attitude 23SAG bumper pull
Eclipse Attitiude 28SAG 5er
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Truck = Diesel.

Check out the Desert Fox 27FS
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

WillB5
Explorer
Explorer
I believe it will have to be a bumper pull. We prefer a fifth wheel but short fifth wheel toy haulers are rare. Also, we are selecting the truck after we decide on the trailer. But trying to stay below 12000 gvwr. Thanks!

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
5th wheel or bumper pull?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator