cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low cost big foot jacks

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
I was on the Big Foot website and saw a system that is manual 4 post for about $2200. Now it says light to mid weight. Front jacks will lift 12,000 lbs and rear will lift 8,000 lbs My toy hauler is gross 14,000lbs. My thought is I am not going to lift the whole 5th wheel all at once. As a cheaper way .... what is the opinon?

Here is the link
http://shop.thebigfootleveler.com/5th-Wheel-4pt-Manual-Stabilizing-QEZ-5W2416.htm
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler
8 REPLIES 8

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
I sent a email off to big foot and this is what I got back.

"Hello,

I do not believe this system would work well on your coach. it is made for a smaller lighter camping 5th wheel. Thank you"

This is what I asked

"I am interested in the 4 point manual stabilizing system that you have on sale for $2200. I have a toy hauler that has a GVWR of 14,000lbs. Will that system work? Will it lift the 5th wheel off the ground?
How long is the sale for? How long would it take for you people to install at your shop? thank you"

"

banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Notice that the front jacks are 12,000 pound- EACH
The rears are 8,000 pounds - EACH

Current rig has the Bigfoot auto leveling system,
Its great, when working on the brakes or bearings, to be able to push a button and raise the whole trailer.
Banjo
2011 3500 DRW D/A CC LB 4X4
2011 Cameo 34SB3

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
I very seldom use my rear scissor jacks. If I will be camping at one spot for a while yes. Just to take a little wiggle out of the trailer when people walk around.
I don't find them strong enough to do any good. Never use them when I load the motorcycles.
I just thought I might use the rear jacks more often if they were hydraulic run instead of hand cranked. The end of the scissor jack isn't designed that I can't use a battery powered drill on it either.

Allworth: I might take you up on that idea. Might be the best idea so far! thanks everyone.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
It may seem like an odd idea, but why don't you contact tech support at Big Foot and ask them if that system is recommended for your application?
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
If you notice most of the toy haulers with hydraulic leveling have a 6 point system with the back pair at the rear of the trailer to support toys being loaded and unloaded. Personally I wouldn't put a 4 on a toy hauler for that reason. A 4 point system has the back jacks just behind the rear axles. Now if you have a set of manual jacks at the rear to support it when parked and loading/unloading, maybe.

Remember the system he is looking at is not a leveling system but a stabilizing system. Could put the jacks any where he wants I guess.
The jack specs seem to indicate his rig is within the systems limits.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
If you notice most of the toy haulers with hydraulic leveling have a 6 point system with the back pair at the rear of the trailer to support toys being loaded and unloaded. Personally I wouldn't put a 4 on a toy hauler for that reason. A 4 point system has the back jacks just behind the rear axles. Now if you have a set of manual jacks at the rear to support it when parked and loading/unloading, maybe.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I don't see the fact that load/ unload my bikes would make any difference. I wasn't asking that! I was asking if I was setting up at a camp site would the lighter duty system work for my 14,000lbs gross weight 5Th wheel? For that matter the larger of the two only weights 600lbs. The smaller one weights less than 300lbs.

And who was talking about fish? It sure wasn't me!

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
huron52 wrote:
I was on the Big Foot website and saw a system that is manual 4 post for about $2200. Now it says light to mid weight. Front jacks will lift 12,000 lbs and rear will lift 8,000 lbs My toy hauler is gross 14,000lbs. My thought is I am not going to lift the whole 5th wheel all at once. As a cheaper way .... what is the opinon?

Here is the link
http://shop.thebigfootleveler.com/5th-Wheel-4pt-Manual-Stabilizing-QEZ-5W2416.htm

Different kettle of fish - due to loading and unloading of toys.

You should post in the *Toy Hauler* forum - more toy hauler specific "user" info and replies.