cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microwave kaput and poor lights be with no battery

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
So Samsung microwave quit, it is one i believe was subject to a recall some time back, the fifth wheel is a 2004 fleet wood wilderness lite, so microwave will be the original, funny thing if I slowly push the door open button the thing starts to run, but no heat of course, and the keypad does not work, I think that is the original reason for recall.

anyway, what would be a good replacement that vents out the front like they need to on these trailers?

The other thing is some of the lights are not very bright while I am plugged in at home, and I have the two 12V batteries out, is this normal, or is this a sign the power supply is not producing enough power?
7 REPLIES 7

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
I think that will definitely answer a few questions. Personally I would hook the batteries up and then with shore power un-plugged turn on something with high power draw like the furnace for a minute or two. This will remove the surface charge from the batteries.

Turn off the furnace, wait a minute or two and then take a voltage reading across the battery terminals. Make note of that reading and then plug in shore power and take another voltage reading. Hopefully your reading with it plugged in is at least a full volt higher than unplugged.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Will have to check voltage once I put them back in, when I got the rig in 2010 it showed over I think 13 volts when hooked to shore power.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Hate to ask the oft asked question. Do you have a multimeter that you can see what the battery and charge voltages are?

If not you will be well served to pick up a cheap one at Canadian Tire or even at Harbor Freight down in Bellingham Washington (less than $10 USD) Meter

We can help you use the meter if you do not know how.

If you do have a meter and know how to use it what is your battery voltage when not plugged in to shore power. What is your battery voltage when you are plugged into shore power?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
okay thanks, just decided to take batteries out and when put on charge they go to float charge pretty quick, now am doing a recondition with my DeWalt charger to see how they do.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fully charged batteries wonโ€™t freeze. Why remove them?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
partsman01 wrote:

The other thing is some of the lights are not very bright while I am plugged in at home, and I have the two 12V batteries out, is this normal, or is this a sign the power supply is not producing enough power?

The missing batteries are likely your problem with the dim lights. But until you hook them up and get them charged you likely won't know for sure.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think most mwโ€™s can vent out front or out the back depending on how installed. But maybe not.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT