cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microwave

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to replace my microwave built above the stove. It has trim around it built in the overhang. Do I need a special one or will a table top work? Any ideas, thanks
3 REPLIES 3

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
When mine went south, I wanted to replace it with a convection, but where I was at I couldn't find one to fit the opening, Just got a regular one at Target. I got four of the rubber feet that fit over chair legs and cut them short.I then ran a short screw through the center of into the surface it sits on, each spaced so the legs of the micro fit over them. Works well and I put back the plastic trim so it looks like it belongs.:D
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced ours found that only the .9 cubic footer wound fit the trim.
Had to drill four pilot holes in new unit for screws to attach the trim then it slid right in the cabinet .
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

bama2
Explorer II
Explorer II
in our new fifth wheel, we wanted a convection microwave instead of the regular one. we bought one the same size that was for home use and it works just fine. replace yours with a built in model imo is the way to go.