cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morryde Easy Reel Cord Reel vs. Economy Reel vs. Lippert???

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I am considering a Morryde Easy Reel. It seems like it would be a worthwhile upgrade, but also am looking at their economy model and the Lippert version.

Any thoughts?

I would probably trust Morryde before Lippert given that I can't find any reviews online for the Lippert. But is the regular model worth the extra money over the economy model? I am really not that concerned about looks---just functionality.

thanks
Matt
9 REPLIES 9

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Dan Henry wrote:
A cheaper version is to use a Harbor Frieght air hose reel, less than $ 20 I have one it works good

Can you post a picture of this mounted in your RV? I have the reel sitting in my garage ready to use but didn't think it would work for my 50 amp cord.

Any other things that you did to make this functional would help

Thanks!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Street side storage compartment in the ceiling .
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

orion1968
Explorer
Explorer
Where are you guys mounting these on your 5th wheel?

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Lippert . It's not fancy and works great. Especially in the winter. I like Dan Henry's harbor freight idea. It just a reel.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
bowler1 wrote:
Hi,
I am considering a Morryde Easy Reel. It seems like it would be a worthwhile upgrade, but also am looking at their economy model and the Lippert version.

Any thoughts?

I would probably trust Morryde before Lippert given that I can't find any reviews online for the Lippert. But is the regular model worth the extra money over the economy model? I am really not that concerned about looks---just functionality.

thanks
Matt

Cant find a Lippert model. But I did find this:

http://www.dyersonline.com/trc-50a-low-profile-electric-storage-reel-with-33-cord.html
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
A cheaper version is to use a Harbor Frieght air hose reel, less than $ 20 I have one it works good

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the MorRyde economy model for about 3 years of full time use and it works just fine for our 50A unit and looks almost like new.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
I added the MorRyde manual reel as an aftermarket modification. It was available as a factory option at twice the price I paid, and I really didn’t like where they were mounting them.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Mor/Ryde is the way to go. In use 4 years and not one issue.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot