cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice 5th wheel hitch brackets

Suddendeath9
Explorer
Explorer
Draw Tite 50066 and Reese RP50066 frame brackets seem to look the same in the pictures. I have a 2017 Chevy 2500 diesel crew cab, 6.5' box, a Pull Rite 2700 hitch, a set of 43" universal rails and now I need the frame brackets to mount the rails, Draw Tite are cheaper than Reese but they both appear identical in pictures. The Pull Rite hitch is rated at 16,000 lbs. My Cougar trailer is rated 9,000 dry. Which brackets should I buy? thanks!

❚ Did you see the FTS "Announcement : READ BEFORE POSTING HERE"?
    Forum Technical Support (FTS) is reserved for questions related to the use of the Open Roads Forum sites,
    member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using FTS for RV related
    questions. Instead, select the Sub-Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM TECHNICAL SUPPORT

2 REPLIES 2

Suddendeath9
Explorer
Explorer
For all you wondering the same thing, I called Reese at 800-632-3290 and asked. Al in Tech Services said Drawtite parts for this hitch Part # 50066 are made the same and by Reese.

He also said they are not rated independent of the vehicle so if your truck is rated at 14,500 like mine is, then the brackets are rated to take the 14,500 load. So ggardne2 you are right on the money and your reply is much appreciated.

I hope this also helps anyone out there wondering the same.

ggardne2
Explorer
Explorer
DrawTite and Reese are both owned by Cequent towing products. I find them to be very similar in design and quality level. On conventional trunnion hitches Reese and Draw Tite bars, snap brackets, hitch heads, etc. are interchangeable. I would buy the cheapest one that meets your requirements.