cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need New Tire

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need help on how to locate a tire for my fifth-wheel. I am 450 miles from home, pulled into a campground today and the right rear tire went either when I pulled in or driving through the cg to my site

I need a ST225/75R15 Load Range E. Load Range D's are plentiful fairly local, but E... can't find one.

Any suggestions? I am in Pine Mountain, GA, between Columbus and LaGrange.

The spare I have is a Load Range D, I kept it from when I purchased these 4 new tires 2 years this month. Tire dealer said not to use for many miles, just a short ride for an emergency spare, due to different sizes. Don't want to start home until I have an E. In fact, if I can fine one, will buy 2 and just throw one in back of truck. TIA.
12 REPLIES 12

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
That is great, but how was the turkey?

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Good to read a thread like this with folks giving out some very useful information and things working out well. Way to go and happy holidays. ๐Ÿ™‚

A heck of a lot better reading than pages and pages of folks just whining about something that displeases them.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
A happy ending!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update. thanks to all who gave me information. I did try the WalMart in LaGrange before posting. Person who answered said they did not have load range E.

With everyone's help, I was able to locate TWO tires, the exact size I needed this morning, in Manchester, GA about 20 miles away. One is mounted, ready to put on trailer and the other is a tire by itself, but if I have another blowout going home, at least I will have a spare. So, thanks EVERYONE.

I kept the blownout tire and taking it back to hometown dealer. The mfg date was 4215 and installed on Dec. 9, 2015. Today's dealer said he could no reason for it. So, I will tote it home and hope an adjustment can be made.

Most important thing is I have a tire, correct size, to start back 450 miles.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
NMDriver wrote:
Wal Mart in Valley/West Point or La Grange seems to be the closest to you. They will generally stock a 225/75/E 15 tire.

Just a heads up. Some Walmarts will not mount a tire on rv trailer rims. Not all but some, my Cousin is a service writer at one that policy is no tires for rv's.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Most tire dealers can get the size you need next day from the warehouse.
I recommend Goodyear Endurance from Discount tire. Only "E" is made in this tire line and size.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
NMDriver wrote:
Wal Mart in Valley/West Point or La Grange seems to be the closest to you. They will generally stock a 225/75/E 15 tire.

That was my thought local Wallys got them, normally Good Years.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks to both of you...appreciate the responses and ideas. Starting to call now.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Always use the same size...... load range (pressures)...and tread design tire on the same axle. That way you get the same braking performance especially on wet pavement under emergency stops.
Goodyear has the new ST endurance.
Carlisle the new HD
Provider doing great since the '10 era
All are the new gen 75-81 mph speed rated tire with the nylon cap under the tread which is more about helping with heat generated from normal highway speed rather than how fast we drive..
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer closest to you for Hercules.
Discount Tires & Auto Repair
706-846-8370
236 w 2nd st
Manchester Ga.
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
Look for Hercules dealer, we use them in that size and rating on our work trailers. Good luck.
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss