Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Furniture Shopping

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Folks!
We have a few more years to go before we make our next rig upgrade. Thus we have made a few mechanical upgrades and are moving to the inside. On the wish list is to replace the flooring, shades and furniture.

We have the most questions about furniture. We are replacing a couch and two recliners. We are still part time travelers and we set up and take down our rig often.

Have you guys replaced any furniture? If so, did you buy from the local furniture store? Did you buy specialized RV furniture?

Please share!

Thanks
Tom
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)
4 REPLIES 4

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Just Wandering 1 wrote:
Just replaced recliners with entertainment seating ordered online from RecPro. Very happy with the whole thing from beginning to end. Made for rv's came in 5 parts in the door no problem.

X2, Like said fast free shipping, installed it by myself and zero clearance fit the slideout perfect.

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer

Edit: There would be pictures but obviously I don't have a clue.

We just found some La-Z-Boy stuff at a local furniture store. The love seat and both ends of the sofa both recline and they are the wall-away type.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Just_Wandering_
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced recliners with entertainment seating ordered online from RecPro. Very happy with the whole thing from beginning to end. Made for rv's came in 5 parts in the door no problem.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced this:

(slides are in)

with this:
(slides are out)

I put wheels on the couch and it can be turned like this after the slaides are out so we can sit and look directly out the back window or watch the television in comfort:

We loved the new couch so much, we purchased the same identical one, including the rocker recliner, for the house.

We got this at Value City Furniture. I looked for months at different places before finding this one. It met all the conditions. The back come off so it would go in the door, and also creates more space when the slides are in, was comfortable, high back, and recliners. I added wheels so it could be moved and turned inside the camper when the slides are out.

We removed the table and chairs and the original 2 smaller rockers that came with the camper. We Goodwilled the rockers, and the table is in our kitchen in the house, used for our coffee stations. The chairs broke down. They were pretty cheaply made. The didn't hold up to our 20 something son and grand son when they returned home to live with us (for eternity!).

You do not need to go anywhere special to get furniture for your RV. You can replace it with anything. Just figure out what you really want and keep searching for it until you find it. You may even find that "perfect thing" at a yard sale. You just never know.

If you are wanting to replace built in dinettes and such, you are probably best to custom build your own and have an upholstery shop cover some foam cushions for seating.