cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the few Australian manufacrurers of 5vers

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Winjana 5th wheelers are dirt road and towable by a midsize diesel Pickup.They are roughly 25ft long. Notice the six wheel Ranger rhat can tow a 30ft 5th wheel

14 REPLIES 14

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
BarneyS wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Don't mean to argue, too much, but white cars show dirt quickly, dark cars not so much. Surfaces are going to collect dirt, color doesn't make any difference, just in how much the dirt is noticed. JMO anyway. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 🙂

I am going to have to agree to disagree with you also. My car and last three trucks were white and they could get VERY dirty before it was noticed. That is one of the reasons I pick white when getting a new vehicle. One of the worst vehicles I ever had for showing dirt was a black sports car. Had to wash it every day and follow that with a light polish. While I loved the car, it was a pain in keester to keep clean!
Barney
Well, you guys are all in good company. Peggy also agrees that white is harder to keep clean than dark. I may have to wave the white flag and admit defeat. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Don't mean to argue, too much, but white cars show dirt quickly, dark cars not so much. Surfaces are going to collect dirt, color doesn't make any difference, just in how much the dirt is noticed. JMO anyway. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 🙂

I am going to have to agree to disagree with you also. My car and last three trucks were white and they could get VERY dirty before it was noticed. That is one of the reasons I pick white when getting a new vehicle. One of the worst vehicles I ever had for showing dirt was a black sports car. Had to wash it every day and follow that with a light polish. While I loved the car, it was a pain in keester to keep clean!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Well the bulk of the Australian RV industry would cery much disagree with you. Notice rhey are shiny easy to clean surfaces

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
While I do like the bright look of the white walls, how in the heck do you keep white walls from looking dingy in a very short time. We rarely, if ever, travel over gravel/dirt roads, and our interior still gets dusty and dirty. You'd constantly be wiping down those white walls and ceiling to keep them from looking dirty. Looks good, but seems to me to not be practical in a real world environment, especially if you do travel on dusty roads a lot. Which you do cite as being a frequent occurrence.

Exact opposite to what you to posted. It is much easier to keep these Interiors clean. As well they are shiny and bright US RV interiors too dark and dingy collect dust. Not just this conpany but many Australian Caravan manufacturers have similar interiors. Even European RV's are not that suitable again too nuch wood and difficult to clean

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
While I do like the bright look of the white walls, how in the heck do you keep white walls from looking dingy in a very short time. We rarely, if ever, travel over gravel/dirt roads, and our interior still gets dusty and dirty. You'd constantly be wiping down those white walls and ceiling to keep them from looking dirty. Looks good, but seems to me to not be practical in a real world environment, especially if you do travel on dusty roads a lot. Which you do cite as being a frequent occurrence.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I noticed no roof AC, would they use a heat pump?

A heat pump is just a reverse cycle air conditioner.

I like the looks of these trailers. More sensible and less glitz.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Just want to add some unusual tow trucks and one case 5ver that you would never see in the US.Firstly a light medium duty truck that has been set up to carry a heavy boat as well

This is a European Cab Chassis Van towing an all composite non slide 5th wheeler. 5ver can be 29ft. Tow vehicle can have a 10,000lb payload

Same again This time with a US 5ver

Now the 6 wheel Ford Ranger and its 5ver

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Not being critical, but just clarifying that it looks like plenty of windows, when it's just two small ones, but the interior shot makes those windows look huge. And that looks like a lot more than 25" because of the depth of field, they all do it.

Smaller, fewer windows make sense if the heat is severe. I noticed no roof AC, would they use a heat pump?

Airconditioning is non negotiable in Australia. 5vers are custom builds so whatever you want

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not being critical, but just clarifying that it looks like plenty of windows, when it's just two small ones, but the interior shot makes those windows look huge. And that looks like a lot more than 25" because of the depth of field, they all do it.

Smaller, fewer windows make sense if the heat is severe. I noticed no roof AC, would they use a heat pump?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"Plenty of windows"? I count 4 small ones, and none in the rear. Depth of field can work wonders, looks huge for 25'. 🙂

Too many windows mean you fry in Australian heat. It is only 25ft, but built for dirt roads with many corrugations. See top photo As far as internal photography pretty much the same " enhancements"" you get in US RV Galleries

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Plenty of windows"? I count 4 small ones, and none in the rear. Depth of field can work wonders, looks huge for 25'. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
Looks nice and bright inside with plenty of windows

Also to keep it clean when running on dirt tracks or roads, easy to clean interiors. Yes it is fairly bright inside

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Looks nice and bright inside with plenty of windows
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.