cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions needed please

vr200275
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we are thinking of getting a toy hauler.

Would like opinions on a few brands.

The three we are considering are Grand Design Momentum, Palamino Columbus, and Heartland Cyclone.

We are going look at a few different floorplans today just wanted opinions on quality.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

bobx2
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
bobx2 wrote:
I can only comment that Heartland has customer service that is second to none, and the quality of my Sundance is as high or higher than either of my two previous Jayco's, and much higher than my Keystone toy hauler I traded in for it. Enjoy your search.

For two years, our Cyclone was what some would classify as a lemon. It was plagued with problems. Dealing with issues was one thing but dealing with Heartland made it far worse. Worst customer service ever and have vowed to never purchase their products again.

There are stories like yours for every brand out there. Fortunately, you are the exception, not the rule. Good luck with whatever your next purchase is. Mine has been outstanding and my dealings with their customer service has been nothing short of great.
Becky, Bob, Taylie and Bode
2009 Silverado Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Mine
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Wifes

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
bobx2 wrote:
I can only comment that Heartland has customer service that is second to none, and the quality of my Sundance is as high or higher than either of my two previous Jayco's, and much higher than my Keystone toy hauler I traded in for it. Enjoy your search.

For two years, our Cyclone was what some would classify as a lemon. It was plagued with problems. Dealing with issues was one thing but dealing with Heartland made it far worse. Worst customer service ever and have vowed to never purchase their products again.

bobx2
Explorer
Explorer
Becky, Bob, Taylie and Bode
2009 Silverado Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Mine
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Wifes

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I researched all the major toy haulers ( Cyclone, Fuzion, Raptor, Voltage etc) until we decided on the Grand Design Momentum 385TH. I am extremely happy with MY decision. Like hazerdous said gather all the information and research you can find and make the right decision for you and your family.
2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Crew Cab DRW Golden Bronze Metallic
Reese 20K fifth wheel hitch
Firestone ride rite airbags

Y-Guy
hazerdous wrote:
I believe the Grand Design was started up by the guys who started Keystone. The one thing we did like about it was the overhead storage on the galley slide. Not too many have those.

Correct, if anyone wants more info here are some stories. link

Few things stand out about these guys, before the sale to Thor Keystone was one of the most creative/innovative manufacturers, for some time they kept that philosophy and it merged into what Thor was doing. They also addressed the whole internet RV side, basically saying you won't find their RVs on any of the internet wholesale sites. The last thing the stood out is they were talking about warranty and developing a true nationwide warranty system similar to what the auto industry has. Mixed reaction from that, but at least they are looking to solve the problem.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

hazerdous
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Grand Design and for the most part we liked it. The 40' model which is the 385 I believe. The main thing we didn't like about it was the bedroom and the bathroom. There is only one entrance to the bathroom and the bed was a slide out. That was a deal killer for me and the wife. But other than that it seemed to be a great looking unit.

I believe the Grand Design was started up by the guys who started Keystone. The one thing we did like about it was the overhead storage on the galley slide. Not too many have those.

I would take opinions from these forums and just put them in the bank, I wouldn't make a decision on what other people think. Because what is great for me my not be great for you. It is all going to be preference of layout and options. As far as quality goes if you search the web as I did for the last 15 months, you will see dis-satisfied customers for every RV builder. Take all those with a grain of salt as well. I am very confident that there are more satisfied customers then non-satisfied. You only really hear the bad and rarely hear the good.

Good luck with your search, It was a fun adventure.

hazerdous
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
We took delivery of our Cyclone 4100 2 weeks ago. So far, there have been only a few minor issues:

Central Vac attachments and hose missing
2nd Set of Keys missing
Some of the plumbing connections were not properly tightened, so we had some dripping water lines and drain pipes. I fixed those in 5 min myself.
Weather stripping on the garage folding doors not well secured in place. Ran a small bead of sealant to fix.

Other than that, all is well! Love the floorplan, the size and the quality.

That's too funny, cuz we just took delivery of our 2014 Dutchman Voltage 3950 and our vacuum attachments and 2nd set of keys were missing as well. I think it is a common practice to rob peter to pay paul in the RV business. I haver heard of non attached items being taken out of one unit to fulfill another unit.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We've just ordered a Momentum 380TH. We are going to be full-timers and the layout better fit our needs than anything we've seen. We've been looking for well over a year and seen most major brands of TH's, but the Momentum was "it" for us. We'll take delivery in a few weeks, but we are very happy at this point with our choice.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
We took delivery of our Cyclone 4100 2 weeks ago. So far, there have been only a few minor issues:

Central Vac attachments and hose missing
2nd Set of Keys missing
Some of the plumbing connections were not properly tightened, so we had some dripping water lines and drain pipes. I fixed those in 5 min myself.
Weather stripping on the garage folding doors not well secured in place. Ran a small bead of sealant to fix.

Other than that, all is well! Love the floorplan, the size and the quality.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King