cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on new toy hauler

PFM
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone ! Looking into moving up to a toy hauler . Current RV is a Cedar Creek. It is 38' long. Leaning towards the Voltage series. Any comments or recommendations that could be about the same quality as our CC. U
I understand they ALL have there flaws, but would love the opinion of the experts! Also is there a big difference towing 2 axles vs 3 axles. Thanks everyone!,
2009 F350 Triton V10
2009 Siverback G2 36WQB
16K Reese Slider
6 REPLIES 6

WallyWorld
Explorer
Explorer
Spent over a year researching and looking for a new toy hauler to replace the old one. Happy we went with the Voltage.

micahmiles
Explorer
Explorer
With 25+ trips in our 2013 Voltage 3950 we have not had a single issue resulting from the manufacturer or assembly. We, along with all of our friends and family that stay with us, love our Voltage. We definitely would purchase a Voltage again.

I have had a vent fan go out and a double pane window leak between the glass. Both were promptly replaced by the manufacturer of the products. Worst issue I saw with the build quality of our Voltage was a little saw dust in the air duct. I did replace the factory tires after about 18 months, with Sailun G-rated tires, which I've been very impressed with.

I find it interesting that the negative posts to this thread are not qualified to give a valid opinion since they don't own a Voltage and as such, have no experience to base a judgment on.

If they used this same mentality when evaluating their purchase of a tow vehicle, based upon the negative posts on the Powerstroke.org forum, they would not purchased a powerchoke.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
Spleenstomper wrote:
We looked at Voltage and liked them, but eliminated them from our search after I googled and discovered the seemingly endless issues owners were complaining about. I also noticed in my Craig's list searches, the voltage is the brand that seemed most for sale, even gently used ones.

YMMV

This information is spot on with my observations. Voltage was on my short list when I bought my Fuzion and got eliminated mainly due to a lack of interior storage compared to the Fuzion. It was after my purchase that I really started to pay attention the lopsided amount of initial problems that Voltage owners seem to have compared to the other brands/models. They have a lot of really neat features, but they also seem to have a lack of quality.
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at Voltage and liked them, but eliminated them from our search after I googled and discovered the seemingly endless issues owners were complaining about. I also noticed in my Craig's list searches, the voltage is the brand that seemed most for sale, even gently used ones.

YMMV
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
stay with the creek you will regret a voltage period
And you back up that inflammatory statement with...?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
stay with the creek you will regret a voltage period