cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Payment of new Camper ordered

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you that bought new campers paid for it up front minus trade once the camper is built before you pick it up. Is that normal.
23 REPLIES 23

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
If you close on it, you also own it along with responsibility to insure it, regardless of where it is in the process.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
never pay the total up front, that leaves you with no barttering power if somethings wrong, all that does is give the dealer a big chunk of money to play with, think about this .. if joe dealer closes the doors next week !! where you gonna get your money back from?????

fishingbob61
Explorer
Explorer
I lived on LI and bought 7 trailers in a 40 year span and never paid before getting trailer. That dealer is gone now. Good luck
Bob and Sue
51 years camping
2005 Fleetwood Bounder DP
2004 Chevy. Tahoe

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell who the dealer is so someone on here doesn't waist their time.

OH, almost forgot: $5,000 down balance at delivery on new MH.

Made additional down payment at time of delivery. I knew the amount of additional down at the time of the deal. They wrote the loan application based on the additional DP.

So, even with a significant down payment, no need to lay it all out there prior to delivery.

I was a little nervous floating $5K out there, but was confident that the dealer and manufacturer would deliver the unit as ordered, because we wrote up a detailed order.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anything in the buy order or policy that states you have to do that?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
ChopperBill wrote:
Never paid more than a couple of grand for deposit on a new order. Only fair for the dealer if you back out. I would run like he!! if they wanted the whole payment up front.

X2, run fast

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never paid more than a couple of grand for deposit on a new order. Only fair for the dealer if you back out. I would run like he!! if they wanted the whole payment up front.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put down $500 in 'good faith' monies......ordered 5th wheel and when it was built/delivered/inspected and items from PDI repaired THEN I paid them the balance.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dodgerdog
Explorer
Explorer
Never been down that road... I would think a deposit to start and the balance at pickup would of been a more appropriate way to do it.... I don't know the company but I would be afraid of them going belly up and taking the whole amount with them and me never seeing anything to show for it... I would think any big company would do the deposit thing...

Seems to me the only reason they want everything upfront is they don't have any operating capital to pay their vendors... That's my thought on the subject... But what do I know...

Mike C.