cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when running heater

Holeshotdan
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 16' Eclipse Iconic 44.5 ft Toyhauler. When I turn the thermostat to turn on heater it starts up and everything is working fine. After a hrs or so if I turn the heater up my overhead rooftop a/c unit also comes on. Is this normal ? When it's on it just blows cool or cold air, the same time when the central heater is on. I have also noticed a noise underneath the refrigerator that sounds like a flapper for the heater moving back and forth. It is extremely loud and scared the **** out me the first time we took it out and used it. Can someone please chime in and let me know what the problem might be ? I'm pretty sure thatvthe rooftop a.c. shouldn't be coming on when you only have the thermostat set for the heater. Need help
Thanks Dan H
2 REPLIES 2

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
You have a "heat pump system" The comp is running but it is not producing cold air. set the t-staT TO FURNACE.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
In our unit, you can select cool, auto, fan, or furn. If you select auto, the furn will come on BUT the AC can also come on if it senses the temp getting where it might be needed. We either select "Cool" for AC or "Furn" for heat and have no problem. YMMV
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)