cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rain-X in shower?

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
Our new fifth wheel will have a dark colored shower. It is beautiful, but I am worried about water spots when you have hardwater source. We use a squeegee, but maybe will have to use a towel to dry walls also. Read to use Pledge on the walls. Wonder about using Rain-X? Just on the walls of course. Pledge, Rain-X??? Opinions welcomed.
23 REPLIES 23

another car wax user here... usually either renew (in the orange bottle) or Rejex.. depending on what is closer
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
We use Gel Gloss on our shower and the sinks. It is made for plastic/fiberglass, works great and lasts a long time. It won't wash down so slipping in the shower isn't an issue. I have even tried it on the outside and though it worked okay I like the finish from Maguires better.

MdMike1007
Explorer
Explorer
Two thumbs to the car wax. Just make sure NOT TO DO THE FLOOR so you are sure not to slip.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Dawn dish soap.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Dave___Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
We have a dark brown shower as well. We have the water softener that we try to use as much as possible. Also, like what was posted earlier we use a squeegee after the shower and then wipe it down with a micro-fiber towel. We've had ours for over 2 years now and it still looks like new.
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ

Quick_trip
Explorer
Explorer
I spread newspapers on the floor of the shower in the RV and at home and use Amor-all! No problems with color changes, just reapply every 2 months.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-x is for glass and softens plastic so it scratches icier I wood not use on glasses plastic lenses.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
I use ReJex too... It's a great product. Also, soft water helps. We use the water softener SoftCell
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

jmccen58
Explorer
Explorer
I use "ReJex" on everything on my MH that comes in contact with H2O...It was formulated for the military to protect aircraft and other equipment from jet exhaust gases. It goes on easy, dries to a haze and wipes off just as easy. Then most everything, including black streaks just hose off. A 16 oz bottle did my 31" Class C, windows and all. Nothing sticks to toilet(if you know what I meen). In the shower, what little water is on walls I just take 10 secs to wipe with a camie....Great stuff

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
Rain X is in the auto section with the washer fluids in the store (WalMart).
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry B wrote:

Try the upscale Walmart.

In CA - upscale WalMart is in Beverly Hills, Brentwood, and Bel Air..:B

Usually right across from the Needless Markup store.

~

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
WeBeFulltimers wrote:
Nutinelse2do wrote:
I use a coat of car wax on our shower. It has a medium brown surround. After 5-6 showers I just reapply another coat. Do the same on the toilet bowl, usually 1-2 x a month.

You need a new hobby!

LMAO. Yeah, not full timers yet so it gives me something to do to get through the work week. The waiting is torture! 9 months to go.......
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Ryan_Elli1
Explorer
Explorer
I have used "Protect All" in the sinks.
2014 Cougar 29RBS(Kizzy)
2015 F250 FX4 6.2