Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacement fender skirt

aruba
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

One of my fender skirts on my 2010 Keystone Cougar was severly damaged a few weeks ago beyond repair. It was the typical plastic type. I am thinking a metal fender would be more robust and less likely to crack. I saw this on a cargo trailer yesterday, but do not know whether is is a full fender of skirt. I have seen these for sale on the net, but the portion not showing protrudes into the trailer to create the wheel well.

From this picture, I am not sure if these are the same. Does anyone know or has anyone replaced their plastic units with these?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Crodad wrote:
Icon Direct The skirting was an exact match in size and color. They are also much sturdier than the original ones. Very satisfied. Give them a look.

I used Icon as well for skirts for our 2001. Good service. Product matches stock skirts except for the position light cut-out. Easy fix! Ours onlt came in white.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my fender skirting that was damaged from a blowout. I couldn't find a factory replacement for my 05 Laredo. The parts department directed me to Icon Direct The skirting was an exact match in size and color. They are also much sturdier than the original ones. Very satisfied. Give them a look.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea if you can make it work and fit. Easy to paint to match
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I saw a guy who made his own and fabbed an entire wheel well box, with exterior trim, from aluminum diamond plate. Looked cool.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it'd work. On the cargo trailer it's attached to rigid side walls. The shirting on a 5W is to light. JMO.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the skirt with the same as the original. Looks fine and fits. Installed it with SST screws.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)