cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential refrigerators

jimwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a 2019 Montana High Country and one of the selling points was a residential Fridge. Not having that much knowledge about new upgrades over the 2007 Jayco Designer we were excited to see suck a large fridge/freezer. The old one we could switch to gas on fridge and not worry. Of course these have no gas option so Iโ€™m concerned about travelling and worry about the thing thawing our. When we head south for the winter from Ohio we usually stay overnight at a hotel the first night. No, without being plugged into anything how long will it maintain the cold and frozen stuff before running again. We have no generator. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

jimwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. That is encouraging. Still trying to remember when to switch inverter on and off. Guys did a good job at orientation, but lots of new stuff fast. He said remember green go-on for travel off when stopped or shore power! When not using fridge shut off breaker. Does that sound right?
Still learning the leveling system. To unhook put setting on extend and push โ€œfrontโ€ button after adjusting the feet where you want them. Extend until you can unhook and pull away. At that point push auto level and let it do its thing. Done. To hook up I think you push the extend/retract button and then push the โ€œrearโ€ button and that should raise both rear jacks? Then same process for the front. Does that sound right?
Thanks for your help. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll be back at you come winterizing time.
Jim

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the club. We purchased a Montana High Country 9 days ago and are now on our second extended week-end camp out. As far as traveling, during the walk though it was explained as long as I'm hitched and running the battery will continue to trickle charge from the tow vehicle.

When returning home from the first week-end, I plugged the camper into shore power... but ... forgot to flip the breaker back on. It sat for several hours (like 10 hours) when I realized the breaker was off all that time. The refrigerator did just fine. The house lights were still bright as ever after all that time. The refrigerator never missed a beat.

So, I really don't know, but I'm pretty confident an overnight with no power will not cause the refrigerator to get warm. Now????? if the battery begins to get week and fail, age out, or just go Kaput! Well, that may be a different story.

Congrats on your new Montana!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
No generator and no solar but a residential fridge was a selling point. No idea how long it will stay cold without plugging in too. Hmmm. Inverter, large battery bank?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad