Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Riding etiquette

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
From the SD ATV/UTV Association

The majority follow these guidelines, but is always good to be reminded of them every once in awhile. If nothing else, please remember just one thing in this article, "As ATV/UTV riders we always need to make sure we go the extra mile to respect the other trail users so that the groups that want to shut us out of our riding areas donโ€™t have more ammunition to do so."

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today
3 REPLIES 3

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, thank you. I am a hiker, not an ATV-er, but I have consistently stood up for the rights of ATV riders. It would be nice to have equal respect.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
The number one thing that gets our riding areas closed is loud exhaust!
But I would expect most on here to know that.
Gary

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
From the SD ATV/UTV Association

The majority follow these guidelines, but is always good to be reminded of them every once in awhile. If nothing else, please remember just one thing in this article, "As ATV/UTV riders we always need to make sure we go the extra mile to respect the other trail users so that the groups that want to shut us out of our riding areas donโ€™t have more ammunition to do so."

Thank you for posting this, very timely and your statement about respect is spot on.

Another thing to remember is when you encounter hikers or equestrians please stop and kill your motor and let them pass, or at the very lest slow to a crawl, I try to do the former and maybe even engage them if possible, show them you respect their right to be there just as much as they should you.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX