cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Armor (Lifetime transferable warranty)

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used this system?

RV Armor
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.
18 REPLIES 18

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
The company that does the install in your driveway is a roll on, not a spray. The Flex Armor version is 1/4" thick. Try to get that thickness with a paint roller. Flex Armor is more expensive, but worth it to me. I had mine done in Madison, MS. Great company there to work with and they are not an RV Dealer, they are a service facility.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
transamz9 wrote:
IMO if they warranty parts and labor for life I wouldn't care if they did it in my bathroom. If they come to me no matter where I'm at.

Warranty "for life" can also be.......the *life* of the company!..:W

In your bathroom:
It they go out of business, your lifetime warranty just went down the commode!..:R

~

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
We have looked into both Flex armor & rv armor. Rv flex Armor would cost about $6500 at Mesa, az. I believe they require yearly checks at the facility. RV Armor would be about $4000 and I don't remember annual checks. We have a 33' fiver with 3 slides. RV Armor will not warranty the slides because of the potential for tree debris snagging when pulling in the slides, but we clear our slides before retracting. These prices compare to having a new EDPM roof installed by the manufacturer at the former plant for $4000 (+cost to go to Kansas). Although we think the Fl option looks very good, the need to be without our unit for days & transit for rechecks, as well as initial cost difference, is making us lean toward the"driveway" version. We look forward to hearing back from folks who cose one or the other... Thanks!

Don't guess about anything. Call the dealer and ask. This is not the place to ask how a dealer does something or what their warranty is.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
IMO if they warranty parts and labor for life I wouldn't care if they did it in my bathroom. If they come to me no matter where I'm at.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We have looked into both Flex armor & rv armor. Rv flex Armor would cost about $6500 at Mesa, az. I believe they require yearly checks at the facility. RV Armor would be about $4000 and I don't remember annual checks. We have a 33' fiver with 3 slides. RV Armor will not warranty the slides because of the potential for tree debris snagging when pulling in the slides, but we clear our slides before retracting. These prices compare to having a new EDPM roof installed by the manufacturer at the former plant for $4000 (+cost to go to Kansas). Although we think the Fl option looks very good, the need to be without our unit for days & transit for rechecks, as well as initial cost difference, is making us lean toward the"driveway" version. We look forward to hearing back from folks who cose one or the other... Thanks!

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there are two companies with similar names. I would use RVRoof.Com. You take your RV to them and they do the install in their shop. The other company comes to you and does it in your driveway. Too much chance for dirt/debris/tree sap etc to contaminate the spray when they do it in your driveway. I stopped and talked with their sales rep at the Tampa RV show 2 weeks ago. The material thickness they spray on is impressive. And it covers all the seams of the skylights/antenna etc. No more Dicor/Enternabond. When my roof needs replacing, I'm using them. I see that they branched out now from Florida and have outlets in Az, Mississippi, Texas and NC. Like anything else the quality of the job depends on the skill of the installer. Don't know if I'd feel comfortable at this point with going to one of the places outside Florida as those places appear to be RV Dealers. The Fl. locations do just the roofs and have been doing it the longest.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Don't confuse RV Armor with RV Flex Armor RV Flex Armor. RV Armor started up in 2013 and rolls the coating on with a paint roller. RV Flex Armor will only install their roof in an inside controller environment and the finished roof is 1/4" thick. They also replace a/c gaskets as they strip everything off of the roof during the prep work.

I don't work for this company, but they have been in business for many years vs RV Armor that is advertising for mobile installers. I would be scared to death of this concept. But that is just me I guess.

I had my the roof on my 5'er replaced with RV Flex Armor two weeks ago after the original rubber roof started to leak through the membrane.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
downtheroad wrote:
I think I remember calling them and if I remember it was around $5000 for a 26-30 footer.

I called an authorized shop here in Mesa and was quoted > $7k for my Komfort. They =strip= the roof; vents, skylights, A/C, antenna, etc., before installing. Old membrane comes off and the quote was for NO additional repairs, if needed. For an 11 y.o. FW that's worth about $12-13k, it's a total non-starter. Now, if it were offered from the factory...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
The only problem I see with this system is the confidence the RV owner would have in it most would not get on the roof to do periodic inspections. The warranty the parts and labor for life but I'm sure if a low lying tree limb tears it it won't be covered.

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Boxer Lovers wrote:
What happens when you replace a vent, satellite dish; refrigerator, etc.?

Ask them.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Boxer Lovers wrote:

It's basically just like a system we use to coat metal roofs and you can come back and repair the system. You would just have to call them and have them do the roof repair after you have the vent installed. It wouldn't be any problem.

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
A 36 ft motorhome cost 4865 plus tax.A friend looked into it and they have the unit 2 days

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
I like everything I just saw. The person doing the application is certainly the key, as the product sure appears to be first rate. If I needed my roof re-done, I would be giving RV Armor my first consideration. I'm curious on cost.....
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman