cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV friendly fuel stop on I70

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hope someone can help. I'm looking for a RV friendly (40' 5TH) fuel stop (diesel) about 1/2 way between Denver and Grand Junction on I70.
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids
16 REPLIES 16

tj9267inIndy
Explorer
Explorer
There is an app for iPhone called Truckers Path that is very good. Shows stops of all kinds, rest stops, Walmarts, etc. I use it when I'm out and it has proven to be very accurate. Not sure if it is applicable to Android.
Tom Jackson
2012 Keystone Montana 3700RL
2015 Chevrolet 2500 Crewcab Duramax Diesel (awesome truck)

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
Hope someone can help. I'm looking for a RV friendly (40' 5TH) fuel stop (diesel) about 1/2 way between Denver and Grand Junction on I70.

IMHO is you are pulling a 40' fiver you need to be getting your diesel where the trucks are getting theirs, for example Flying J, Pilot, Loves, etc. It is only a matter of time before you either cause damage, or get damage trying to squeeze your 55'-60' rig into gas stations made for cars.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

dutch1724
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.pilotflyingj.com/rv-amenities
2007 Chevrolet HD Classic, Duramax, Firestone Ride Right Airbags, 2013 Avalanche 295rl fifth wheel, 34 feet

mferris72
Explorer
Explorer
Get the I Exit APP for your phone. It will tell you whats at each exit and also if there's RV friedly Lanes.
Mike Ferris

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
B.Sjulestad wrote:
There are no truck stops on this stretch. I Googled and found a Sinclair station in Eagle Colorado that looks like it might have a RV friendly pump island, just wondering if anyone has had any experience driving this stretch.

This is not true, if you go to www.findfuelstops.com and put in denver as origination and grand junction as destination you wil find 18 TRUCK STOPS, a few are 15-20 miles off interstate but there are 2 right on interstate. Google is not a good place to find truck stops.

RockyMt
Explorer
Explorer
I stop in Gypsum, station is about a half mile off the highway. Glenwood is also a choice first exit call West Glenwood, tight but usable. Easy on and off there but it is tight.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
ChopperBill wrote:
Unhook or throw a couple of five gallon jugs of fuel in the truck.

My thought. Fuel would almost certainly be cheaper in Denver, too, if you don't stop.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unhook or throw a couple of five gallon jugs of fuel in the truck.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
I will play devils advocate and ask WHY? 250 miles or so do you have a short bed and small tank? It is basically a down hill tow, you should get at least 10 mpg, if not 12 mpg. I could get there with an easy 80 miles of fuel left.

That said, you do realize that all service stations get filled by double tankers. They fit just fine, you just need to look ahead as you approach.

True but I will be going from Grand Junction which is uphill, not sure what kind of mileage I will get so I'm trying to plan ahead just in case. The tanker trucks do not have to go through the islands,
they usually fill at the end of the drives/lots.
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will play devils advocate and ask WHY? 250 miles or so do you have a short bed and small tank? It is basically a down hill tow, you should get at least 10 mpg, if not 12 mpg. I could get there with an easy 80 miles of fuel left.

That said, you do realize that all service stations get filled by double tankers. They fit just fine, you just need to look ahead as you approach.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer busy exits just so I have several fuel places to choose from. The Next Exit becomes even more important to me as I have switched from gas to diesel. The Gas Buddy app is another resource.
It amazes me that the folks building gas stations usually don't consider vehicles towing trailers in the layout. In a pinch and if there is room, I drive between the pumps and the store, then swing wide to get the last pump so I am facing out, but that was when driving a gasser. I've seen diesel pumps placed where there was no room for a truck towing an RV. Go figure!
In an emergency, you can unhook the fiver, fuel up and re-connect but what a pain that is!
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are no truck stops on this stretch. I Googled and found a Sinclair station in Eagle Colorado that looks like it might have a RV friendly pump island, just wondering if anyone has had any experience driving this stretch.
Bob & Dianne
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think Flying J has RV fuel pumps and you can find their locations by clicking on: https://www.google.com/search?q=flying+j+rv+islands&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Your friendly gps should be able to find fuel stops along the route you have entered.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Most all truck stops would be rv friendly for diesel, that is all we used when rving never had a problem