cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Furniture for Humans.....

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
RV furniture for humans not children is what I'm after. As much as I appreciate the fact that I can have my 12 closest friends in my RV packed into tiny chairs and sofas I'd really just like furniture for a few normal humans. At 6'4" and +/- 250# I really struggle to be comfortable in all the RVs I've ever owned.

Someday the wife and I are looking at spending a lot more time on the road and I'm going to need something more like home.

I just stumbled across some Komfort 5th wheels that have appealing floor plans and nice L-shaped sofas and comfortable looking booth dinettes. Does anyone have any suggestions for brands that have furniture for bigger people? I once moved a residential couch into an RV and it worked out okay. I can go that route but really prefer built-in stuff.

I particularly like L-shape sofas and booth dinettes. I can't stand the little recliners/couches in 90% of RVs. Thanks for any suggestions.
17 REPLIES 17

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 6'1" and 240lb and our trailer came with Lazy Boy recliner swivel rocker thing-a-ma-jigs. I find them to be quite comfortable but there is constantly screws falling out of them and they are crazy bulky to try to move around to get the slides in. The base weighs a ton but the chair part is light as a feather. Every time you try to move them they just flop all over the place and you have to drag the base along the floor.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
Stefonius wrote:
At 6'5", I'm often tempted to chuck all the lilliputian furniture and start over.
At 5'2", DW won't let me.

I feel your pain, literally.
I need some wild

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have too much of a problem with the SIZE of the recliners and sofa in my rig. But I have a lot of problems with the QUALITY. I'm off to visit the local La-Z-Boy store this week. 2 recliners please !

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
At 6'5", I'm often tempted to chuck all the lilliputian furniture and start over.
At 5'2", DW won't let me.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Smaller and entry level RVs have the smaller cheaper furniture. Our HH Champagne has adult sized furniture but we did pay for it.

one solution is to look at higher end units.

Ken

Way cheaper to junk the original and buy quality furniture. Couple $1000 for decent sofa and recliners as opposed to spending $20-40,000 more for a high end unit.

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can sympathize. I'm a pretty big guy and when I sit in my recliner my feet hang over the end of the foot rest almost to my knees. I've thought about taking the love seat out and replacing it with a full size recliner.

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Keystone Laredo travel trailers. Keystone advertises them as being "life size". I read that to mean not miniature. Don't know if that's correct, but it may be worth investigating.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

cbconway
Explorer
Explorer
C-Bears wrote:
...We found replacements are Lazy Boy that were actually slightly smaller outside measurements but provided much improved comfort...

Our fiver came with Lazy Boy recliners that are very comfortable. They also have a round base that doesn't stress the floor. I'm 6'-2" and 255.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati ("When all else fails, play dead") -- Possum Lodge motto

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC SB Auto 3.42

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Try Americana rv site. Looks like substantial furniture.
Ray

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Smaller and entry level RVs have the smaller cheaper furniture. Our HH Champagne has adult sized furniture but we did pay for it.

one solution is to look at higher end units.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Best thing to do is order a trailer without furniture. Most of it is junk anyway. You can't make a one size fits all chair.

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Our first fiver had recliner/swivel/rockers that were okay, but not really comfortable for full time living. We found replacements are Lazy Boy that were actually slightly smaller outside measurements but provided much improved comfort. I am 6'1" and at that time over 240.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
6'3" 220. I shy away from ANY booth dinette. Never had one that was comfortable more than a few minutes. Recliners now are a pretty good size, but I don't think your going to find a trailer with a Duck Dynasty mossy oak BIG man recliner.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
When you condense a 2, 000 sqft home into a 500 sqft RV something has to give. If everything were left full size, it would be a moving van. It is all a compromise and everyone has their own opinion of what should be compromised and what shouldn't change. RV manufacturers try to come up with a design that satisfies the most buyers. Unfortunately for you, most buyers aren't over 6 foot tall.