cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling my truck with hitch brackets (no hitch)?

vampirefish
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Iโ€™m hopefully selling my truck tomorrow but the buyer isnโ€™t interested in the 5th wheel hitch (demco hijacker premier series 21k). Iโ€™ve decided to leave the hitch mounting brackets installed in the truck. So Iโ€™ll try to sell my hitch without. Is this common or...? I looked online and found you have to order the brackets separately. Anyway I was wondering what yโ€™all thought.
2004 Jamboree GT 31W
7 REPLIES 7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
More importantly, what are you replacing your truck with! ๐Ÿ˜‰

vampirefish
Explorer
Explorer
demco hijacker premier series 21k
2004 Jamboree GT 31W

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dapperdan wrote:
Very common IMHO to leave the rails in and sell the hitch separately. I did when we traded in our '06 RAM for the '15. I sold the old hitch on Craig's List and the rails stayed in the truck. :B

I wanted a more stout hitch in my new RAM, that was one reason I let the old hitch go, got $250 for the old hitch which helped off set the cost a little on the new hitch. The new truck came with the puck system..... that was another reason. LOVE IT!

Dan

BUT BUT BUT "demoted" for failure to mention your hitch brand "HeavyWeight" Member please do tell what hitch your are referring to??? :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Very common IMHO to leave the rails in and sell the hitch separately. I did when we traded in our '06 RAM for the '15. I sold the old hitch on Craig's List and the rails stayed in the truck. :B

I wanted a more stout hitch in my new RAM, that was one reason I let the old hitch go, got $250 for the old hitch which helped off set the cost a little on the new hitch. The new truck came with the puck system..... that was another reason. LOVE IT!

Dan

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Basic rails while becoming obsolete. Are sort of still universal, however most modern trucks now have puck systems. The buyer of your hitch needs the right bracket/mount for their truck.
THe brackets from your truck may not meet the needs of the new hitch owner.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unless the mounting brackets are the universal type, they will be custom fit to your model/brand truck. I think many sell just the hitch, without the mounting brackets or rails. A potential hitch buyer could use the rails, and if similar truck, the brackets. The hitch will sell on it's own, if you price it right. Yes, the buyer can order the brackets to fit his truck, and new rails too.

Jerry

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my F350 without the hitch and then sold the hitch on Craig's List a week later.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian