cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer Hose Support

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone remember seeing in trailer life back in the 80's on how to make a sewer hose support using pvc pipe? I made one back in the day but can't remember how it was made.I had me axles flipped after buying a 4x4 truck.Now my sewer is 18 inches off the ground.I use plastic gutter to hold the hose.I want to make the hose support out of pvc pipe to hold the gutter at the right height.I don't know what happen to the one I made back in the 80's.If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS
21 REPLIES 21

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"It is hard to beat those accordion supports, for light weight and compact size when stored. Maybe a little tedious to setup and arrange. I'm all for DIY, when it makes sense. Hard to imagine a DIY solution that would be better"

I have to say I really like this system! Some jurisdictions require the hose be elevated from the ground!

X2

Quick and simple, there are parks that require keeping hose off the ground. I personally don’t like hose on the ground holding drainings.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
I put a bucket under the black tank discharge and leave it open. When it's full I tell the wife and i'm not sure what she dose with it.

Best idea yet. Are those wives expensive? 🙂

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Tundra2084 wrote:
Try this link and look for the H pipe

Almost exactly what I made about 6 years ago......only I use 1/2" pvc pipe for the cross piece that supports my gutter. And I cut a lot of pieces of different lengths for the uprights. When all broken down...fits in a small plastic container..
cpaulsen

Tundra2084
Explorer
Explorer

Tundra2084
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we use. When broken down they fit in a toolbox so everything is in one place.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Super_Dave wrote:
Is a tipping point in hose length when these support systems become more mandatory?

I don't think length is the sole issue, but is a factor. You just want to avoid low spots, and the ideal slope is 1/4" per foot. Not that you're going to measure or anything, you just want the hose to drain, and not collect solids in a low spot. A long gradual slope is better than a foot of straight drop at the valve, and then the rest laying flat without any slope.

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have to say I really like this system! Some jurisdictions require the hose be elevated from the ground!

Pretty sure that is the one we use, or at least very similar. It all folds up into about a 10" square box when stowed. Hauling around 10' lengths of rain gutter doesn't appeal to me.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
I use the Easy Slider Sewer Hose Support from Camping World. The end by the outlet is held in place with a chain and it slopes to the sewer. The three sections can expand to cover a distance of about 10 feet.

X2.
Simple and quick
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Is a tipping point in hose length when these support systems become more mandatory?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"It is hard to beat those accordion supports, for light weight and compact size when stored. Maybe a little tedious to setup and arrange. I'm all for DIY, when it makes sense. Hard to imagine a DIY solution that would be better"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did a little google search. Try this link here.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I put a bucket under the black tank discharge and leave it open. When it's full I tell the wife and i'm not sure what she dose with it.
Dennis Hoppert

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Made mine from 1/2" pvc. Made them into an "H" pattern.All are a press fit except the pvs caps.Extra uprights in various lengths so I can cover any height differences. Wide enough to accept the plastic rain gutter which is cut in half so I can slide it to whatever length I need. Been using it for 7 years with no problems
cpaulsen

tlerchba
Explorer
Explorer
I use rain gutters, but I've attached 3/4" PVC T's to both sides of the gutter at about 24" intervals. Then I cut 3/4" PVC pipe in pairs at varying lengths for the legs. I then drilled a hole in PVC end-caps and put a nail through the hole, followed by a drop of glue, to keep the nail in place. The nail adds traction. I made additional pairs of PVC legs at varying lengths so I could vary the incline of the gutter/hose. Works great.
Tim & Leesa, 2013 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel, 2012 Keystone Avalanche.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Easy Slider Sewer Hose Support from Camping World. The end by the outlet is held in place with a chain and it slopes to the sewer. The three sections can expand to cover a distance of about 10 feet.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)