cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides and awning not working

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
So I noticed last week when we closed the awning it was extremely slow closing. Tonight when we went to open the awning it does nothing. I don’t here any motor at all. I checked all the breakers and fuses which are all fine. I tried to pull one of the slides in to see what would happen. Nothing no movement no motor. All of our electrical systems are working fine. Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be?
8 REPLIES 8

elivi8
Explorer
Explorer
It's happened to me. My cutoff is in my storage pass through and putting bins and what not away accidentally turned it off. Now you know!
2012 F-150 EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow
2019 Outdoors Timber Ridge 27BHS
490 Watts of Solar

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Darn Gremlins did it !!!!
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
LOL.My wife would have said the same thing. Glad its all good now.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
I don’t know how but the switch was turned off! DH said he didn’t touch it.??
Everything is now working.

cfuller3
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest checking your batteries. See if they're swollen, hot, or actually have life in them. Sounds to me you've got one possibly soft causing issues. Or both for that matter. Plugged in you are still running off battery for those devices. Granted the batteries are being tickled by the charger, but still........ Prove me wrong, you've got a bad battery situation. Good luck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hezEK_i2Ehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hezEK_i2E edited... ok, switch. Got it. Slowing down while running in awning???
2008 Ram dually, mildly tuned and some breathing mods. 2008 Grand Junction, two cats and go.

jtaylor1920
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a 12 volt cutoff switch and is there a chance it’s turned off?
John, Laurie & the 2 Schnauzers (Mazie & Obi)
2016 GMC Duramax Dually
2018 Cardinal 3350RLX
B&W Companion Hitch

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
We’re plugged in. 30amp

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Are you plugged in at home or running off battery?
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k