cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small piece of gasket coming loose on frameless window

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I guess this isn't a FW specific issue but I have a FW so..

I noticed the other day above one of my frameless windows, one of the ones that tilt out from the bottom, that a small piece of gasket is hanging loose. I don't have a pic, I can try and get one, but it's at the top of the window and about the size of screen spline. I always thought frameless windows had a larger gasket. There's no water getting in but I think I need to address it.

It's going to be hard to get to unless I can get it from the top on a ladder. It's not accessible from the inside.

I googled all over and nothing describes or details what it is.

Any thoughts?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
4 REPLIES 4

dedmiston
I lost one of those "frameless" windows in the bedroom of my fiver once. (And yes, they have a frame, but you just don't see it from the outside.)

We were driving through Wyoming and the wind took it. You couldn't even tell that there had ever been a window there. Nothing else was damaged and the receipts and papers on my nightstand on the other side of the window were still there undisturbed.

I called the parts company for my manufacturer (they don't sell their own parts) and they shipped me out a whole new assembly. It was a pretty simple fix to remove the existing frame (especially since there wasn't a window attached to it anymore). There was a seal around the outside of the frame, but it wasn't remarkable enough for me to recall how thick it was. I don't think you're going to be able to get to it very easily though. See if you can get your manufacturer to put you in touch with their replacement parts vendor so they can tell you the brand for the window. Hopefully you can get your hands on their docs and/or photos of the uninstalled frame to give you a better idea of the parts that you can't see while it's installed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
yellow dog wrote:
Do you know the brand of the window? You will probably get further contacting the window manufacturer rather then the RV manufacturer.

Good point. I plan on running to the storage in the next day or so, I can get pics and try and find a manufacturer.

yellow_dog
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know the brand of the window? You will probably get further contacting the window manufacturer rather then the RV manufacturer.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
More thinking - everything I search shows a thick gasket going around the window. Is it possible that there is a small, spline like piece of gasket at the top just to keep water from laying the top of the larger gasket? If that's the case couldn't I just pull that out and run a bead of caulk in it's place?