cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So Lost

rdmotex3
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all I have read,and read, and read but it seems you can slice the argument whatever way fits your setup best. I just signed docs on a Reflection 367 and am waiting to set up an appointment for the walk through. I have a 2020 F-250 King Ranch 6.7 diesel that I am concerned is not enough truck for the trailer I have picked. Anyone have any experience here? Thanks in advance.
58 REPLIES 58

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Youโ€™ll feel a lot better when you tow with the DRW.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
rdmotex3 wrote:
Thought I might provide an update for those keeping score at home. The F-250 is gone and I am now in an F-350 4X4 DRW. Yes, I am now one of those guys!! We're keeping the Reflection 367 and there is zero doubts on the rig trailer combo. Thanks to all who contributed can't tell you how much it helped. I will now go lick my wounds after trading a 2021 for a 2021.Ouch!

That is great! I always like it when people come to the forum and ask for advice then receive it and act. Your head isn't going to hurt anymore with that capable truck. Pleasant towing.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Great truck. Only down side is the hit in the savings account.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
rdmotex3 wrote:
Thought I might provide an update for those keeping score at home. The F-250 is gone and I am now in an F-350 4X4 DRW. Yes, I am now one of those guys!! We're keeping the Reflection 367 and there is zero doubts on the rig trailer combo. Thanks to all who contributed can't tell you how much it helped. I will now go lick my wounds after trading a 2021 for a 2021.Ouch!

Sounds like a nice setup.
Your family will certainly enjoy the good times
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice.
Fords DRW RAWR is 9900 lbs vs 6230 lbs with the F250. Huge payload differences.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for posting your solution! That is the proper tool, for the original FW you wanted. If you would have gotten a lesser FW, to better fit the 250, it may have been more costly, upgrading the entire rig, a year or so later.

Congrats, hope you enjoy complete new rig!

Jerry

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
rdmotex3 wrote:

Well you certainly solved that problem! Congrats!

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

rdmotex3
Explorer
Explorer

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
The only experience I had with a 2500 was a 97, rated 10500 towing, and we had a 9600GVW fifth wheel that we never loaded terribly heavy. I was probably right at or maybe a little over the payload of that truck and I hated the canoe feeling ride. I had a dually before the 2500 and I went back to a dually while we still had that same 9600 GVW fiver and The improvement was night and day. I would never consider getting even close to the payload of a 2500 with a fifth wheel again. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
JIMNLIN wrote:

BC members on this and other forums have said they have to register their trucks at a GVWR number.... which can be the truck makers GVWR or the sum of the GAWRS or between those numbers as their trucks GVWR.

if they did they let there insurance agent scam them. that is for comercial insurance only, recreational/personal use is exempt and doesnt apply.

we just went through this with a friends car trailer, they were trying to tell him he had to register his truck with the gvwr of the trailer but he only uses it for personaly non comercial reasons so it is exempt. this is just a comercial money grab by icbc. I dont use GVWR numbers anyways I use rear axel/axel limits thats what is important and the truck that is the subject of this post will most likely be over that when loaded.

the only thing a rv has to worry about is when they get over that 10400lbs is they need a house trailer endorsment on there licence which is another driving exame and pretrip test and another money grab by ICBC as all they did was take a comercial pretrip and apply it to a recreational vehicle. 1.3rd of the stuff on the pretrip doesnt exist on a normal pick up but oh well.

not many people get tickited for being overloaded as you have to look pretty overloaded for them to pull you over in the first place, then they have to have a way of verifying it so they have to be neer a scale, or have access to DOT portable scales. My point in buying my new truck was if I was in an accident and I was overloaded the other lawyer would try to make that a factor in the accident and show negligence on my part. plus I needed a new truck anyways so I would have ac and some other creature comforts.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've always believed in having the right tool for the job! If I owned a 20 F250, I'd use it, upgrade it, if needed. Still not going to work??? I would simply move to 350 DRW, and done!

Had a GF tell me "you have the right tool for the job"! Yup, she knew a bit about trucks!

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
rdmotex3 wrote:
Thank you all for the input. I think I am trying to stick with the F250 however the writing appears to be on the wall. If I go down on the trailer to Reflection 28BH UVW: 8,997 lbs | GVWR: 11,495 lbs | Hitch Weight: 1,592 lbs | Length: 34' 8" It appears I run into the same issues on a smaller scale. Am I reading it right?

This one, no issue at all! No added springs, no bags, no need to even weigh axles.

Just don't buy something you won't be happy with.

Jerry

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Why keep bring up commercial law when it does not apply to private use of a light truck?

Ken

LOL...where did I say anything about a commercial law. The subject is the same old tired rv myth that some how a truck owner can face civil lawsuit bilge for carrying more wight than the truck makers GVWR.
JFY a states weight codes covers any vehicle on the road. Commercial or non commercial is the same weight code for exceeding a trucks steer and drive ales/tires.

also if you are an american towing in BC and you are overloaded by the GVWR if you get stoppped you can be fined and made to disconect and have to get your trailer towed.

BC members on this and other forums have said they have to register their trucks at a GVWR number.... which can be the truck makers GVWR or the sum of the GAWRS or between those numbers as their trucks GVWR.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

rdmotex3
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the input. I think I am trying to stick with the F250 however the writing appears to be on the wall. If I go down on the trailer to Reflection 28BH UVW: 8,997 lbs | GVWR: 11,495 lbs | Hitch Weight: 1,592 lbs | Length: 34' 8" It appears I run into the same issues on a smaller scale. Am I reading it right?