cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Superglide on Super Duty

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
I've just traded my beloved 05 Cummins for a 16 Ford Super Duty.

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience installing the custom mounts for a Pullrite Superglide into the Ford.
15 REPLIES 15

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I have what you describe in a 2013 f-350 SD. I bought the truck new and had the frame mount for the super rails installed. If I remember, the only drilling was the bed holes. I had it done before I had a spray in bed liner done. This coated the edges of the cut holes. I use an engine hoist to remove my hitch, works great!
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Updating: I have the SG installed on the 16 Super Duty. Since my truck is a 350 which has overloads, I installed the hitch using the existing bolts per instructions. No holes were drilled or enlarged, and the bracket fit perfectly. For those with a 17 Super Duty -- well, there will be a whole new bracket.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry johndeerefarmer ither you had a dud or something was not don right something was bent,nether I or severally others has newer had any of your issues you claim, always leave FW hitch a bit lover than truck so it slides op on truck.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the Superglide on a 15 SD. I had the B&W hitch so I had to install the additional mounts at the rear. Required drilling two more holes in the bed.
When I sold the truck I sold the Superglide with it. I had several issues with it. One, when the handle retracts that does not mean that the latch is latched- even though its supposed to. Twice I started to pull out and it wasn't latched. Second issue was as I backed into to the hitch the pin bent the little swivel arm that stick out. Third its hard to get it to unlatch, you have to "jig" the truck back and forth. Lastly you can't unhitch at much of an angle.
On my new truck I use the B&W Patriot. It's a manual slider but have had no issues.
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
I do seam to remember having to drill out 2 holes a bit larger but no big issue, just make sure no cables or fuel lines in the way.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Jgkopp. Looks nice. I already have the PR hitch and super rails. When removed, I have a clean bed with four 1 3/4 holes.

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted the puck system mounting and my hitch guy recommended installing Demco. Here are some install photo's to give you an idea of the installed product. I have a plastic bed liner and some low profile tool boxes and the Morryde Pin Box clears it all.

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Slownsy wrote:
F350 Lariet Crew cap FX4 6'6" bed bought brackets and instaled myself, fairly easy youst follow instructions, no knead to remove tyres or suspension if standard, I think one side had to remove a bracket and reinstall after hitch bracket,you will opviesly knead a hole saw, after installing I went to a garage to get one large bolt on each side torqued op as my tork wrench only goes to 150lbs.
Frank.

Good grief! I just noticed that 266 lbs. If I had the wrench, I'm not sure I could put that much pressure on it. I may have to head to Harbour Freight tomorrow.

Did you have to do any drilling?

Thanks.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
F350 Lariet Crew cap FX4 6'6" bed bought brackets and instaled myself, fairly easy youst follow instructions, no knead to remove tyres or suspension if standard, I think one side had to remove a bracket and reinstall after hitch bracket,you will opviesly knead a hole saw, after installing I went to a garage to get one large bolt on each side torqued op as my tork wrench only goes to 150lbs.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

PatnRich
Explorer
Explorer
My SuperGlide went from my GMC to a Ford. New under bed brackets were required. I did not install the new brackets but I do seem to remember talk of the install being a pita due to def tank location.
The installer also left off the overload spring bracket which caused the rv to bump the drivers side truck bed rail. I have not had any further issues after the overload brackets were reinstalled.
2010 Montana 3400RL, 2011 Ford F350,CC,SB,16K Pullrite SuperGlide

Shrek51
Explorer
Explorer
Pullrite has instructions on their web site. Also if you call they can let you know of any install specs you need to know.

Mine was installed by dealer and only cost was for kit.

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Colo Native wrote:
I just had a the place where I bought mine install it, it is ISR and all but the rails are under the bed easy peasy.

I already have the original "Superrail" hitch. I want to install the underbed custom brackets.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a the place where I bought mine install it, it is ISR and all but the rails are under the bed easy peasy.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
K Wooster: I don't have the "Puck System." I want to install the under bed custom mounts and then drill holes in the bed for my SuperGlide mounts. Just wondering what pitfalls there are in installing the custom mounts on the frame of the Super Duty.

Thanks