cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension on 2004 Coachman Dream Catcher

Brightize
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Coachman, Somerset Dream Catcher, 29' fifth wheel. This unit has one shock absorber on each axle (tandem axle, four shocks). Can anyone tell me if these shocks are OEM or likely added by a previous owner? I've had two RV technicians say they've never seen shocks on a camper. I could see how these might be aftermarket. One of them has a broken bolt and they all look worn out. If they are not OEM, I am not going to replace them. If they are OEM, I'll need to get out the torch.
Help from folks who have owned or worked in this model is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
My '04 Komfort 25FSG had factory shocks. They did help a bit, but because the angle they were installed at, I don't think they were as effective as they could have been. In retrospect, I should have done an axle flip as soon as it was out of warranty and I think they would have worked much better. I can certainly tell that my current KZ does not have them.

Were I in your shoes, I'd spend the money to replace them, especially if the rig's in otherwise good condition and you tow it a lot.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you post a pic it would help.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a Jayco 5er with factory shocks. The mounting brackets were perfectly welded to the frame.
They really made a difference in the ride teamed with a air ride pin box.
Puma 30RKSS

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Might look at shocks hear to tell what they look like and possible make.
Etrailer
Many shocks have make and model on them.
Could be these. Lippert

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Extremely unlikely that they are OEM. Take one off and take it to a local parts store and have them match it for dimensions and performance.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015