cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TA truck wash

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
so I just called TA truck wash about having my trailer washed at the TA truck stop in Sparks Nevada. Told me it was a dollar a foot plus 22 for my truck. Has anyone else used them?? Worth it to have the dust knocked off??

We did a really good wash about a month ago then it spent 2 weeks at the dealer and looked like it was in the desert for a year.

Thanks

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR
9 REPLIES 9

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
I did not go to TA. They didn't have a wash. I went to the Alamo truck stop in Sparks Nevada.

I defiantly WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone!!! Cost was 54.00. The truck and 5er were soaking wet when they came and got me. It looked pretty good except the forgot to do the whole back side of the trailer. Guy spent about 30 seconds and washed it off with a hose. Got home and the whole trailer is covered in spots. I guess they washed the roof and it didn't drain off in the 3 minutes it took to wash the rig! The whole passenger side door looked aweful and I had to rewash that. I got up on the flatbed to wash the back window and the roof of the truck was not done at all!!

I guess for under 60.00 I should not expect much but maybe I expected it to at least be presentable! It did knock off the dust from the dealer lot but that was about all

Chris
Tekonsha P3

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Hell, head down to Rocky Point MX and have the local "muchachos" do a wash and =hand wax= for about $2/ft. ๐Ÿ™‚ Toss in a 12-er of cerveza for a "tip", if you're feeling generous.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at a Blue Beacon on the west side of Memphis 2weeks ago & will get the truck/rv done this way again . Yeah they got me to do all the addons, RainX & tire stuff but for $59 total for both, what the heck.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I use truck wash after every big trip. They dont blast it like a big rig. They hand wash with brushes on pole and do use wands to rinse. I love having it done at local truck wash it turns out great and i have a coat of rainex put on every time. Most the responses that are negative or fear of vents ,hole ,frig ect are from people that have never even seen a rv being wased at a truck wash I am guessing. The guys and gals at my local truck was do a great job.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys!!

I just don't have the time be this trip to give it the wash it needs so off to TA I go!! Sounds like they know the difference between an RV and bigrig so that should be just fine.

Chris
Tekonsha P3

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Company policy is to have the team lead with you in the cashier booth before the water starts. This allows them to up-sell the "extras", and give you a chance to let them know of any areas you have concerns about. Furnace vents, HWH grills, that storage bay with the broken latch, etc. Once you're paid up, you can walk through the wash bay, watching your rig under go the treatment. They won't use any sprays, cleaners, or techniques you haven't paid for, so pay attention when in the cashier booth.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
We're out on an extended road trip and had driven through rain from Missouri to Ohio. I ran through a Blue Beacon truck wash and am generally satisfied with the results. A basic truck and RV wash was less than $50, and they use a less aggressive soap on the RV than they do on an aluminum skinned trailer. There was a little streaking in a few spots that weren't rinsed thoroughly, but a damp towel took care of that. For the price, I would do it again.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomHaycraft wrote:
Fear is that the high pressure spray could cause leaks.
x2. I don't want my WH or refrigerator flushed out either.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
No direct experience, but when this question has been asked on these forums, caution has been urged as our trailers are not constructed in the same was as the commercial trailers. Fear is that the high pressure spray could cause leaks.

Hopefully others have experience and can share.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS