cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TH with side patio

gattorgetter
Explorer
Explorer
What are your thoughts? I kinda like the idea, but is it worth the extra weight? Anyone have/ had it willing to chime in? Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Carrera_man
Explorer
Explorer
I would never give up a slid for a side patio.
2008 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab 6.0 gas, 2013 Audi A5 Q, 2013 VRV 26FB Toy Hauler by Livin Lite , Triumph 1200 Explorer

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Wow take a look a this one http://www.jayco.com/products/toy-haulers/2016-seismic/

Just as a lark, I sent the link on that decked out (pun intended) Jayco, and she said: "We could sell the house and live in it."

UH, OK....looks like I got a punch list.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

RideSlow
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting idea, never thot about that.
2007 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 6.7 CTD 3500 SRW
2014 Stealth AK2612 TH
2004 HD Ultra Classic

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rear deck that we rarely use. I think we would use a side deck much more frequently.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Wow take a look a this one http://www.jayco.com/products/toy-haulers/2016-seismic/

Yeah, that's the one I posted about just a couple post up from your post. It looks nice, but I just don't like the sliding glass doors going out on the side deck...unless one is never in going to camp in cold weather..Usually theses sliding glass doors aren't as insulated as stick built house sliding doors...sort of lets cold air in.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine a time I'd rather be confined on a hot black surface than out under the awning or on grass. Ordered my TH without the party deck and have not had a single time I would have wanted it, but to each his own.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
We've been looking at a few in our new toy hauler search. I'm liking the idea more and more.

Our opinion is the opposite when it comes to space at a park. Place like Ocean Lakes and state parks we back into, the rear patio would not work in most cases. But the side patio would. That patio is about as wide as an awning. Yes, it cuts into the living room area but if you have a slideout on the opposite side, it isn't too bad.

We've looked at the XLR 420 and the Vengeance Touring Edition 40D12. They're both in my pin weight range. I like Fuzions but their side patio is too heavy up front.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Jaycee makes a TH with Rear party deck and side patio.....Looks nice, but went with rear party deck...Didn't like thoughts of sliding glass doors when it gets really cold.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
AK49er wrote:
We are thinking about those also. Side and rear decks would be great as long as you stayed out of most campgrounds. If you like the idea of a side patio and a front living room look at the new Big Country 3900 FLP, pretty cool idea.

I really like the front living room layout, don't see the need for the side patio though.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

AK49er
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about those also. Side and rear decks would be great as long as you stayed out of most campgrounds. If you like the idea of a side patio and a front living room look at the new Big Country 3900 FLP, pretty cool idea.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I would think a possible issue would be space at both national and state parks! A porch on one side, and slide on the other will take up allot of space.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at one a few years ago and really liked the idea until we realized that one of the CG we go to a lot the patio would be within a couple feet of the adjacent campers slide and sometimes not be able to open it at all due to poles, trees, tables etc. Did not like the idea of loosing that window and door space. Open areas and most boondocking it would be very nice.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat