cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Balancing

crewstx
Explorer
Explorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am changing to Goodyear G614 tires on 16 in rims for my 2010 Montana 34RL.
The dealer on has center holding wheel capability but can borrow the finger holding set. Treditt which manufacturers the wheel rim says they are meant to be center balanced only by use of finger balance method which picks up bolt holes.y Montana dealer says they do not balance their tires unless they get a reason such as large vibration.

I have had two tier places try to balance these tires and each time they get a balance at one place on the balancer and the rotate the tire about 90 degrees the next time it shows out of balance.

Is my dealer correct in that you do not need to balance fith wheel tires. and has anyone else had this experience?
Charles & Elaine Crews, Cindy & Molly - 2 Golden Retrievers
29RLTS '07 Jayco 5th Wheel, '07 Dodge 2500HD, Pullright hitch
18 REPLIES 18

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
You can always use something like Equal, which is just put into the tire itself.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
All tires come from the factory out of balance as well as most wheels regardless of brands. If you don't want bald spots on your tires have them balanced.
HR

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Discount Tire didn't have any issues balancing our rig's ST tires, they definitely ride smoother than the stock tires we had from the factory that were not balanced.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are going to get comments on both sides of this issue. IMO if it is a tire that runs on pavement it should be balanced for better life. And it also may be easier on the equipment it is running on due to less vibration. It is true that trailer tires are not normally balanced at the factory but that doesn't make it right. I have all my vehicle, trailer and boat trailer tires when first installed. Vehicles get rechecked later on.