cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet air lock

LINDA53
Explorer
Explorer
Our toilet started to bubble up when we hit the pedal to flush it.
What would cause this to happen? One we plunge
It it seems to improve for awhile but not a long time.
10 REPLIES 10

LINDA53
Explorer
Explorer
thank you for all your responses. We will check them out and see if this clears things up.

Hardcandy
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the toilet bowl has something like a pencil or pen or something like that stuck in it. What happens is the object tends to catch the toilet paper and it builds up til you plunge it freeing the paper but not the object then the cycle starts all over again. Try looking up through the the bowl with a small inspection mirror and you may be able to see whats causing you blockage.

PS yes I'm a plumber... ๐Ÿ™‚
TV: 2004.5 Chevy Silverado CCLB 6.6L 3500 DRW, K&N, EFI Live 60hp economy/tow tune, 4" magnaflow exhaust, B&W gooseneck W/ B&W Companion
S&W M&P 40cal in the door pocket...
2012 28.5' Jayco Eagle RLS w/super slide
Ruger 45cal on the nightstand

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
No bubbles when you first start using it?
Bubbles after a while and then you plunge it and no more bubbles?

Try using more water.
Solids tend to pile up at the bottom and eventually up the tube to the toilet. The sudden rush of "stuff" down the tube causes the trapped air up the tube causing your bubbles or burp.

More water in the tank will help those "solids" to breakdown and float away.

Of course, you could have the dreaded pyramid or clogged air vent, but if it acts as above probably not.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Vent line is blocked due to poop pyramid buildup inside tank

This one is it 99.99 percent of the time. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
search for poop pyramid and read away.

Easy fix with the wand from Wally world that has the whirly bird on the tip of it.

That will probably fix it and you won';t have to start crawling all over it to no avail.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem and it went away when I used more water when flushing the solids.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to get your black water tank clean, the easiest and fastest way, here is what you do.

Buy three bags of ice cubes. Fill the tank half full of water and dump the ice cubes down the toilet into the tank.

Drive your rig until the ice cubes melt. When you dump the tank the ice cubes will have scoured all the hard deposits from the tank and they will flush out down the drain.

If you have a vent problem and the pipe has not slipped down, this might help.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Black tank vent is getting plugged so tank is venting thru toilet when you flush

Tank level high blocking off bottom of vent line
Vent line has dropped down inside tank and is getting blocked
Vent line is blocked due to poop pyramid buildup inside tank
Vent line is blocked due to birds nest/debris inside at roof line.

Vent line is blocked.......you get to figure out what is blocking it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have a pile! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
My guess would be an obstruction in the vent pipe or the pipe has slipped or installed below the level of the waste in the tank. Does it do it with the tank empty?
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA