cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS advice

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm putting new GY G614's on our camper this spring. I'd like to take as good care of them as possible. What kind/brand of tpms do you folks use/recommend? Does camper length have any bearing on my choice? Camper is ~37ft so the tires are a ways back there. I'm guessing these things are "wireless" so is one better than another? We are dual axles as well, so 4 sensors? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Tires will be aired up 100+ lbs so it will need to read 3 digits?
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
18 REPLIES 18

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Truck Systems Technologies (TST) 507 system with the flow-through sensors on both the truck and trailer. I also use the repeater to boost the trailer tire signals up to the receiver. I'm very pleased with the system since installing it in mid-2014.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Good call on the new tires, I put on a new set of Goodyear 614 RST (235/85 R16) last year and I love them, they wear like iron!! I have the Tireminder Click on both truck and trailers, it's caught two slow leaks so far that could have been blow-outs (that was with the old set I used to have hence the up-grade) and I wouldn't leave without with out it. Tireminder gives me "real-time" info as to pressure and temperature at a glance and a very noticeable alarm when needed. One thing though I did add the antenna booster they offer as Wi-Fi on the road effects the reception and would recommend it off the start, Tireminder research is a great company to deal with if you need any customer support after-the-sale also they offer new replacement batteries and O-rings every year for free, a real class act!

Red Green: Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search this Forum for `tpms' then search the results for the manufacturer of interest. We are happy with our Pressure Pro.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can get a repeater that will carry the signal farther.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper