Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanleigh Power issue bedroom nose sockets

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Socket and power issues

I have lost power to certain power sockets in the bedroom, washer dryer, next to the bed and on the bedside cabinet.

The others in the bedroom the ceiling tv and other side of the bed works fine

Any ideas I’ve checked each socket and all look intact

I’ve checked the gfi in the bathroom which is the closet and that works, any ideas

No breakers are off and even replace one just in case

Picture below

RED no power
Blue working
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
2020 Vanleigh Pinecrest 392MBP
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305
22 REPLIES 22

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks think that’s the other side of the bed which kept working thanks again
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I have a GFCI outside that not only feeds those outside plugs but also feeds one of the bedroom receptacles by our bed.

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Resolved - finally the feed or spur for the forward section with washer and nose bedroom is fed from the ceiling tv socket main bedroom.

Due to movement and the cables weren’t pinched Down enough creating a loose short, will hunt around for a new socket temporarily I repunched it down

Happy it’s fixed thanks for all your input
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Use a voltmeter and check the load terminals on GFI. Don't throw parts at problem!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Morn the bath has a gfi should I switch this one out just in case, it has green light. Only 50 percent of sockets are not working currently in the bedroom area, highlighted in red in my initial post
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check for power in the bedroom switch and receptacle box. It feeds GFI in bath.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
My next thought was just to replace the gfi in the bathroom and check the white and black to the bottom of the fuse panel rail are tight. Vanleigh asked me to check the wet area socket which I did and all was seated correctly, my next thought was to take the cover off the junction box below in the belly picture below
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QWGvOxohowRk65czcwiMAZqlrlyXl1Ny/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have a link for the wiring diagram?
Looks like a very generic diagram.
It is difficult to read!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Posting wiring diagram from Tiffin. Any input appreciated

Should help vanleigh owners
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I checked all in the nose and checked the one on the nose vanleigh suggested and still no luck finding the issue
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I got a response from the manufacturer and there is a feed from the wet bay to check which goes up to the other bad sockets
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I'd pull the other receptacles and check the chincy push-blade connectors for anything that might have worked loose.
One of my first RVs had a staple shot into a romex.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!