cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Veterans Day weekend @ Spangler Hills 2013

dedmiston
It seems like folks don't post their trips here as much as they used to back in the site's heyday. Here's one for you though.

We're putting together a trip to Spangler Hills for the Veterans Day weekend (11/8 through 11/11).

For those of you old timers who've been around the site for awhile, you'll probably remember that this marks the 9th anniversary of the original So Cal Rally organized by our old friends Diirk and LaCoFDFireman (hopefully I got his name right). Nine years ago this November a bunch of us took a chance and met up with some strangers from the internet. I've never met a stranger bunch of strangers. Many lifelong friendships were formed--lots of great rides, great fires, drinks drank, bones broke, dogs fornicated... You name it.

We're not expecting anything the size of the old rallies and we won't have the same kind of organized rides like the old poker runs, but it should still be a good group of folks and a good time.

When: Veterans Day Weekend
Who: It's hard to say
Where: The old Rally spot at Spangler Hills (directions from Mojave here)

RSVP in this thread or shoot me a PM if you think you're coming.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
107 REPLIES 107

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
Racorman wrote:
jackxclan wrote:
Dave pulled off a good one

Yup...... Great seeing some folks I have not seen since 2007 or earlier :C

27 rigs and everyone had a ball. Terry, thanks for getting the firewood to camp! All of us ate well with lots of great food on Saturday night.

No drama, no injuries except for a few happy hangovers.......

Great to see ya Howie, our circle of friends has become a cool little family always a good time.

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:

Yup...... Great seeing some folks I have not seen since 2007 or earlier :C

27 rigs and everyone had a ball. Terry, thanks for getting the firewood to camp! All of us ate well with lots of great food on Saturday night.

No drama, no injuries except for a few happy hangovers.......

AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:

Yup big group, lots of fun, great Rally!!!

Thanks Dave
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
It seems like folks don't post their trips here as much as they used to back in the site's heyday. Here's one for you though.

We're putting together a trip to Spangler Hills for the Veterans Day weekend (11/8 through 11/11).

For those of you old timers who've been around the site for awhile, you'll probably remember that this marks the 9th anniversary of the original So Cal Rally organized by our old friends Diirk and LaCoFDFireman (hopefully I got his name right). Nine years ago this November a bunch of us took a chance and met up with some strangers from the internet. I've never met a stranger bunch of strangers. Many lifelong friendships were formed--lots of great rides, great fires, drinks drank, bones broke, dogs fornicated... You name it.

We're not expecting anything the size of the old rallies and we won't have the same kind of organized rides like the old poker runs, but it should still be a good group of folks and a good time.

When: Veterans Day Weekend
Who: It's hard to say
Where: The old Rally spot at Spangler Hills (directions from Mojave here)

RSVP in this thread or shoot me a PM if you think you're coming.

Dave.... Where are you?
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
Let the circle grow......

u
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler

dedmiston
porknbeanr wrote:
Thanks. We will see you there.

And check your PMs. I sent you my cell number in case you need to call for directions.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
nayther wrote:
porknbeanr wrote:
Anyone know directions coming from the south on 395? Do we exit at Searles rd? Not sure where we are going.

Yes, it's off Searles Station Road east of 395. Right after you cross the RR tracks turn right, then left at the first main dirt road.

Have fun everyone, we'll be in Cal City for the Checker's races this weekend.

That's right.

As you're coming up 395 from the south, you'll pass Trona Road on your right just before you get to Johannesburg. Keep going north on 395.

Then after you pass through Johannesburg you'll pass the road to Randsburg on your left, and then another road called Garlock Road on your left.

The next paved turnoff you come to is the Searles Road. This is the one you want, but it isn't marked. It doesn't say Searles though; it says "Trona".

That's the confusing part. The "Trona" sign is your landmark, but you don't want to take the first road to the south called "Trona Road".

Once you turn off at Searles, you'll see the RR tracks pretty soon. Technically that RR crossing is the town of Searles. W00t.

After you cross the tracks, turn right on the dirt road and then turn left on the bigger dirt road that leads to all the camps.

Thanks. We will see you there.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
porknbeanr wrote:
Anyone know directions coming from the south on 395? Do we exit at Searles rd? Not sure where we are going.

Yes, it's off Searles Station Road east of 395. Right after you cross the RR tracks turn right, then left at the first main dirt road.

That's right.

As you're coming up 395 from the south, you'll pass Trona Road on your right just before you get to Johannesburg. Keep going north on 395.

Then after you pass through Johannesburg you'll pass the road to Randsburg on your left, and then another road called Garlock Road on your left.

The next paved turnoff you come to is the Searles Road. This is the one you want, but it isn't marked. It doesn't say Searles though; it says "Trona".

That's the confusing part. The "Trona" sign is your landmark, but you don't want to take the first road to the south called "Trona Road".

Once you turn off at Searles, you'll see the RR tracks pretty soon. Technically that RR crossing is the town of Searles. W00t.

After you cross the tracks, turn right on the dirt road and then turn left on the bigger dirt road that leads to all the camps.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
porknbeanr wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

dedmiston
ridingfamily4 wrote:
We will be there Friday morning.

What time is Saturday's ride? My oldest is coming out with his Fiance, I want to let them know so they get there early enough to ride.

We are in on firewood as well.

Wow - Fantastic. It's been way too long.

Not sure what time the group ride will leave. Our schedules are usually a little loose. I'm guessing around nineish--definitely not before 9:00.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ridingfamily4
Explorer
Explorer
We will be there Friday morning.

What time is Saturday's ride? My oldest is coming out with his Fiance, I want to let them know so they get there early enough to ride.

We are in on firewood as well.
The one who laughs last, thinks slowest! :B

2001 Minnie Winnie
2004 Enclosed trailer
2012 Artic Cat Wildcat
2013 Honda 400
2010 Honda 250
1991 Navy at A School
1995 Getting ready for college!
2001 Boxer

dedmiston
For anyone who wants to load the route for Saturday's ride into their GPS, download this zip file and you can open the contents in Garmin Mapsource.

http://www.flamingsquid.com/Searles_to_Indian_Wells.zip

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Hauler stuffed full of fuel, food, supplies. Rhino cleaned and ready. Truck, ready.

Departure in the am, cya all out there!!

Be safe.....
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad