cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vibrating 5er when doing laundry

Miss_Ellie1
Explorer
Explorer
How much vibrations should we be experiencing when the wash machine is on? The spin cycle makes the whole 5er vibrate and Hubby is concerned. We have the washer dryer combo. I like the unit because you put in your laundry and 3 hours later it's done. Unfortunately that is death on permanent press but I am learning how to pull things out early.
12 REPLIES 12

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered anti vibration feet through Amazon. Sold by "The Vibration Solution". I don't think we have used the W/D since though. Our Pinnacle shakes pretty good. Use the knobby dryer balls to help with wrinkles. Wife uses the W/D mostly. She won't use a public washateria for her "stuff". I don't care about mine. I'll wash em in a road ditch.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
We had second floor laundry in our house & could feel the shake at the other end of the house...a 5er will be much worse.
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our Whirlpool washer was a 5.0 earthquake, it died and replaced with a quality Bosch. Now the worst is about a 1-2.0. MUCH better!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If your 5er does not have an auto leveling system, then install JT Strongarm stabilizers. Our 5er shook a lot with the dryer in spin cycle. The JTs greatly reduced it.

Don't know that you can add JTs with auto leveling though.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have stackables and the washer vibrates a little at the beginning of the spin cycle and after it really starts spinning, the vibrations stop. We are full timers and most of the time I have to check to see if the washer is still running because it is pretty quiet and I am so used to the noise.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
If the washer is a Dometic and new the shipping bolts in the rear might not have been removed when installed in rig. I know because I did not read the instructions and had to remove the 4 bolts after installation.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I placed some anti slip material on the top, added a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood that reaches each side of the cabinet it sits in, and then installed a wood rail on the left but a tiny bit low so the pressure actually raised the right side of the top cover a tiny bit. Then I installed the right rail while pressing down on the cover. This stabilized the machine. It can still shake a bit but not nearly as much.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
It bothered me a little when I first started full time almost 7 years ago, now I start a load when I get in bed at night and never even know it is running.

Wrinkles? I have those on my face also, who cares, I'm retired.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I just sit in the recliner and enjoy the massage. We also have a 2100XC and the spin cycle will do that especially on high spin. Ours is just a fine vibration, nothing violent. I've thought about getting one of those hitch pin braces since the Splendide sits on the nose but other than the washer we are pretty stable.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
You will know if the auto balance isn't working correctly. It is downright scary!
If you have the 2100xc, it has a low spin button that makes it a little better.

Curiously... Why are your Perm Press items taking a beating? To avoid wrinkles, unload the clothes after the wash cycle, throw a couple dryer balls in, and dry a couple items at a time, and take them out while still a little damp.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Ours vibrates the trailer all the time on spin cycle. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless your tires are bouncing off the ground. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If the washer/dryer tub is unevenly balanced, the washing machine will shake and vibrate. In a stick and brick house, they can cause an entire floor to vibrate and shake. RV's don't have a chance. Figure out why your washer/dryer is unbalanced and that's probably best solution.

If you run a cycle through the machine with nothing in it, does it still shake the camper? If so, something is wrong with the washer/dryer.