cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water in the underbelly

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed water dripping around the sewer drainpipe while we were rving. Took part of the underbelly down around the pipe and it was wet but seemed to be fresh water. Not much odor at all. Took the basement wall out. The basement was dry and there is no evidence of any water leak inside the rig. Carpet etc all dry. After taking out the basement wall, I found fresh water on the top of the black holding tank. We have had no rain for weeks so I do not think this is rain water. We had not driven in the rain either. I am trying to determine where this water could be coming from. Any ideas.
6 REPLIES 6

Memphisdoug
Explorer
Explorer
I had water dripping from the center of my trailer. Turned out to be a small hole in my fresh water tank (located at the back of the trailer). The water was traveling on the underbody to the lowest point and dripping out. Fixed the whole in the water tank and all is good now.
2006 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab
2006 Crossroads Paradise Pointe 36RL

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had an issue like this that took me awhile to tract down. So not to bore you, it ended up being a fitting on my water pump. My water pump was placed under the upper flooring in the bathroom vanity(my MH has a step up from kitchen to bath ) thus causing the water to travel down under the floor and then eventually end up soaking the compartments. I finally moved said water pump to make it easier to service and keep my eye on. Good Luck with yours.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
2Shays3712 why don't you read his post, not driven in rain. As for your Montana a hole at low point has not fixed the issue, your insulation is ruined and usles when wet.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

2Shays3712
Explorer
Explorer
Have you driven in the rain lately? Our Montana gets about a gallon of clear water when we drive in hard rain. Placed small hole in low point of underbelly. Problem solved. Be sure water isn't coming from someplace else though.

Ron_Nielson
Explorer
Explorer
I recently found a leak in the black tank flush system of my trailer. Mine was a cracked fitting (probably from freezing - I never winterize the flush)that dripped down just inside the outer skin of the trailer,but it could have been somewhere else on the tank. If your shower doesn't reveal the leak, keep looking, use city water pressure when testing. Don't give up till you find it.

Since we don't know the layout of your trailer, specific advise of any use is hard to give.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
While in the basement have someone take a shower......not just turn on water but stand in shower stall with water running
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31