cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I am making one out of a piece of PVC pipe split in half and it will be mounter over the hot connections.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

bkirkpatrick
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, but I would try to get a plastic cover for that.

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
ok here are photos...

The large wire on the end is the one that goes down to the batteries. It is size 0. I made a copper buss jumper by flattening a piece of copper pipe.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
I cleaned up my battery wiring by removing all of the many positive cables and moving them to a coupe of 150 amp buss bars. Now it should be easier to maintain and change my batteries.

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Dang, Bob. If it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all.

Did it take both eyebrows or just one? Photos? :W

Is it right or left, with your "remodeled" left arm it would be a shame to have your left eyebrow singed, you'd be too far out of balance. LOL

Left arm hair singed, the radiation took off all the hair on the upper arm, now the lower arm hair is a little shorter and curlier.
Both eyebrows survived, just took out most of the right side of my beard, which I ended up shaving off.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

No photos, but the hair on my left arm above the wrist and the right side of my face singed. I had not shaved in over a month so there was plenty to singe, I ended up shaving last night since the burnt hair smelled so bad. I was holding the can with the left hand and the nozzel leaked a little onto my hand/arm, the backfire spit the fluid against the sheet metal and then in my face.
No burns on me and no damage to the genny or T H.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

Is it right or left, with your "remodeled" left arm it would be a shame to have your left eyebrow singed, you'd be too far out of balance. LOL
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Genny has been acting up and won't start or starts and won't stay running. Cannot hear the fuel pump running, but can hear the fuel shutoff solenoid click on. Last weekend I gave her a shot of starting fluid and she started and ran for about an hour (I figure the vibration of the engine running shook the fuel pump back to life). Yesterday I tried to get her started, removed the air filter, gave her a shot of starting fluid, pushed the start button, she tried to start, backfired most of the starting fluid back out onto me and the metal liner surrounding the compartment and next thing I know FIRE everywhere, including my shirt and facial hair !! Fortunatly nothing serious since it only lasted a few seconds. I am assuming the fuel pump is bad, so I am going to jumper the wires to power/ground and see if it runs or the problem is something else.
Having been a mechanic for over 40 years I know better than trying to prime an engine without a fire extinguisher or water hose nearby, guess what I did NOT have ?? Lucky it was just a flash fire.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the weekend at the Ocoee River in TN. The TH was loaded with mountain bikes and a kayak. Really liking the versatility of a TH...it was a good time.
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

geshields
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed the MorRyde pinbox last week and it is a night and day difference.

Yesterday, had the windows tinted with 30% ceramic tint. Can't see in for the most part, but looking out is only slightly darker than before.

Also, finishing up retaping all the ducts because the factory did such a poor job with the aluminum tape. There were gaps galore where the ducts transitioned to the outlet holes...
2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7L
- Firestone AirBags
- Firestone Wireless Controller
- Superglide 18K
2011 Raptor 365LEV

Moosehumper
Explorer
Explorer
Today I adjusted the pinbox height to hook up the new tow vehicle.
2011 Dodge 3500 Laramie Longhorn Edition.
Work sucks - time with friends & family don't.
2010 Fuzion 398 TEII, 2011 Dodge 3500 LongHorn Edition, 2012 RZR Xp900 4 seater, 12ft alum boat, 2010 Nytro Turbo, 2005 Touring SE.Toys for Winter & not Winter.;)

bkirkpatrick
Explorer
Explorer
You are correct. They just tell you how to drive from the passenger seat.

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
I think its great that the wife will drive the rig, accidents happen to all of us.
I have tried to get D W to drive for a short time on an easier strech of road just to get the feel of things in case I manage to hurt myself and can't drive. She wants no part of driving the rig.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition