cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

grizzly660fan
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the gears in my fuel station as they had swollen and would no longer pump fuel.
2012 Epic Voltage 3905
2013 High Output Dodge Cummins

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moosehumper wrote:
Re hung my fresh tank. Keystone did a very poor job the first time. Not much thought went into that set up.:M
This would have been a $500-$600 job at a dealer. I do have ext. warranty but summer is too short to sit on a waiting list only to have them scab it back together with more self tappers.

I did the same earlier this summer. 122 gal on my Tail-Gator 5th wheel toyhauler. It was sagging abour 4" in the frt. And on the toyhauler as you know it's in front of the axles so it would have gone onto the road. Made a round trip from Az to In, 3600 miles and when I went to drain the tank when I got home there it was. I'll never own another Keystone. Should have known better.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
Tore into the new to me Victory lane today. Ripped up the maroon ugly carpet from the stairs. Fixed a loose wall and while I was in the wall I re routed the TV cable so that it would go to the new TV mount up above the fridge!

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Sat inside the trailer and had a beer, then went out and stared at the torn apart front corner of my 05 Desert Fox... Sigh... The siding pulled free from the corner trim on the freeway and tore back about two feet on the way home from our week long camping adventure. Guess that is the end of the camping season for us..... Now for the big rebuild project.... It looks like it was leaking for a very long time. probably since new... The whole corner was not put together properly from the factory. The siding was not glued to the first two studs and none of the staples that were supposed to be holing the siding to the frame were even through the siding (all were just in front of it). The siding was cut so that only 1/8th of an inch in places was being held by the corner trim, and at the top near the transition strip the trim was barely touching the siding but was not actually over the siding, what a surprise that the wood is completely rotten, no sarcasm at all there........ To add insult to injury the floor is also rotted under the bath tub from the leak... What annoys me is that the trailer did not appear to be leaking, the interior has no damage and the siding did not appear to be delaminated even though the front two feet was actually delaminated. Oh well, in the end I have to rebuild the damn thing and it will be better than new when I am done.... I will post some pics and a rebuild story in a new thread once I dive into the project....

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
I converted my manual awning to elctric. Should have done this a long time ago.
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

Wizbangdoodle
Explorer
Explorer
I did this same thing only for different reasons. I kept getting an intermittent error message from the brake controller ('08 F350, integrated brake controller) that said wiring fault on trailer. I pulled all the cheap wiring out of the axle tubes and replaced it with quality wiring that I ran on the outside of the axle. Error message is gone. Upon inspection, the old wiring had chaffed in the tube.
'17 F450 CCLB Platinum dually

maak95
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
maak95 wrote:
Upgraded brake wiring to 10ga from front to back. Ran to a junction box and made all the wires going to the brakes on each axle the same. Also upgraded to the Dexter EZ-Flex kit.
Have you had the chance to check out the result yet? Does it really make a difference that you would notice if you hadn't done the work yourself? If you braked before you changed the wiring, and braked after, would you say, "Wow! That is a big difference"? Or would it be more like "Okay, that's a little better"?

Honest answer now. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is definitely better. I tow with a 06 F250 that has the integrated brake controller. Before this upgrade I had to have the gain at 9.5. My current setting is 7.5. The only thing that was missing for the test drive was the toys and food. I had the trailer full of water and I took my passengers. I hit the brakes hard and no lock up like before to the front driver side. The way the trailer was wired before was wrong. All the splices and power to one wheel before jumping to the other wheels. Now they all get the same. I feel better and I didn't pay someone to do it either. That makes it all worth it.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
maak95 wrote:
Upgraded brake wiring to 10ga from front to back. Ran to a junction box and made all the wires going to the brakes on each axle the same. Also upgraded to the Dexter EZ-Flex kit.
Have you had the chance to check out the result yet? Does it really make a difference that you would notice if you hadn't done the work yourself? If you braked before you changed the wiring, and braked after, would you say, "Wow! That is a big difference"? Or would it be more like "Okay, that's a little better"?

Honest answer now. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
try 2
Filter wrench
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Edge Tuner, BnD Exhaust Break: Trans Cooler
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
eightydo wrote:
Badhabt wrote:
Replaced the two fuel filters on my Onan 5500 genset with the new 1 filter setup...and changed the oil. Hardest thing was to get the oil filter off...if it was just an inch longer...;)

Onan makes a wrench for the oil filter. this makes it easy for me to change oil
See page 6
๐Ÿ˜‰
Link no workee

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
Badhabt wrote:
Replaced the two fuel filters on my Onan 5500 genset with the new 1 filter setup...and changed the oil. Hardest thing was to get the oil filter off...if it was just an inch longer...;)

Onan makes a wrench for the oil filter. this makes it easy for me to change oil
See page 6
๐Ÿ˜‰
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

maak95
Explorer
Explorer

Badhabt
Explorer
Explorer
06 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Dually Tow Boss
07 Raptor 3612DS
06 Raptor 700R 50th Anniv Edition - mine
06 Wolverine 450 - wifes
13 Can Am Spyder ST-Limited - more mine
14 Can Am Spyder RT-S - more hers

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
:C Repaired a brain fart that I had (hit a Ballard)before I was used to pulling unit

Brain Fart
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

Moosehumper
Explorer
Explorer
Re hung my fresh tank. Keystone did a very poor job the first time. Not much thought went into that set up.:M
This would have been a $500-$600 job at a dealer. I do have ext. warranty but summer is too short to sit on a waiting list only to have them scab it back together with more self tappers.
Work sucks - time with friends & family don't.
2010 Fuzion 398 TEII, 2011 Dodge 3500 LongHorn Edition, 2012 RZR Xp900 4 seater, 12ft alum boat, 2010 Nytro Turbo, 2005 Touring SE.Toys for Winter & not Winter.;)