cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Just got my rig out of storage and parked on the street in front of the house. Filled and primed the water system, must have winterized her good last fall because there are no leaks. Took the broken cheap plastic medicine cabinet out of the bathroom and replaced with a towel bar to hang bathroom travel bags on as well as a fancy swivel pivoting mirror so the wife can see to flop her hair around in. Solars charging, hot water heater is heating, fridge is cooling and genny is producing power so all is well. Headed to the woods on Friday, can't wait. Do need to change the genny oil but that can wait until I get to the camping area so I don't have to lay on the blacktop hoping some dumb driver dosn't run me over on the street.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are in NE Oregon.

Here is the view from the deck.

The deck with my wife.

And a nice rig on a nice site.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Haven't done it yet, but I got the part for my next project:

randy328
Explorer
Explorer
Installed MaxxFan in front bedroom, installed Bullseye Leveling System. Both work great.
KZ MXT2920, Ford F250 4dr long bed
Bunch of Motorcycles - Track Instruction and Race
German Shepherd "Qorkey"

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
We packed the toyhauler so that we can leave in the morning. 1 week off work to relax and ride the Victory.

The refrigerator handles a weeks worth of food easily.

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

CaptRick
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new to me 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite M-260 FS. I also sold my 2000 Aljo TT about 45 minutes after I bought the toy hauler! Win win!
2004 F250 6.0
2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite M-260 FS Toy Hauler
1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1989 BMW R100 GS with Sidecar
2005 Suzuki DRZ 400
2006 KTM 450EXC
2015 BMW R1200 GSA

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
At least they're standing behind it and not giving you a huge runaround. Hope it turns out well.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I heard the motors can get out of sync if you don't fully open or close the slide with that type of mechanism. There is supposed to be a procedure to get them all moving together again but it can happen again. Did yours actually flex or skip gears?

This damage happened in a Camping World shop
2015 F-450 CC 440 HP 19.5 DRW. 26,500 Resse FW
Jayco Sesimic 4212 Toy Hauler
Oreion Sandreeper-Street Legal and tilted for the on road
480 Watts ZAMP 3 panel US made Solar system-Smart Glass panels

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I heard the motors can get out of sync if you don't fully open or close the slide with that type of mechanism. There is supposed to be a procedure to get them all moving together again but it can happen again. Did yours actually flex or skip gears?

All the above..............bent the outriggers also due to weight. Just a poorly designed system, Residential Fridge (23 cu ft) is way to heavy for the system. The brain trust at Jayco is replacing all the motors with 500:1 vs 300: 1 and adding more outriggers. Also increasing the bottom rollers to 6 vs 3.

In the meantime we cancel our Alaska trip............

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
That doesn't look good.

Been 4 weeks now, canceled our trip to Alaska. Camping World has been no help at all. Had go directly to Jayco for assistance. This happened in their shop, thankful it didn't happen boondocking some where!

Jayco is going to replace all the motors with 500:1 vs 300:1, add 3 more rollers and more outriggers.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
That doesn't look good.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
went to camping World and sat in it..... but didn't sit in slide out

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
a.dog wrote:
nayther wrote:
Started the install of LED's under the awning, will finish it up tonight.

I've wanted to do this, as well as install LED lighting under the RV for function & "ambiance." If you can, post up pics of your install & how you routed your wiring. I'm trying to decide if a multi-color strip under the awning is desirable and whether to just tie the wiring into the porch light or pull it into the switch panel inside the door.

I'll post some photos. I'm wiring it into the main distribution panel via wireless remote, wire routed through cabinet. I chose just white to see how I like it. This stuff is so cheap, I think I'm into it for $25.00 in materials and about 3 hours install when its done.

Came out pretty slick, I'll take some photos this weekend when I'm set up at my son's.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
Used my new foam cannon to soak him down...thing works great...I always wondered how I got swirl marks on the paint...not anymore with using the foam cannon
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie