cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

Doughboy12
Explorer
Explorer
Badhabt wrote:
Since it always happens that when I need a bottle opener camping I cant find one...I dug around my garage and found an old Coke bottle opener and then used a convenient screw to attach it. And to catch the caps...another garage find my old Cragar lug mug. Now starting to work on a flag pole holder that attaches to my ladder mount on my Raptor!

Pro tip: Drill a hole in the mug at the top...put a thin picture frame type hook behind the lower screw...hang the mug from the hook. Increase the drop distance and success rate. Carry on.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
I invested a "little" money in the tow vehicle.

It went into the shop a couple of weeks ago for the dreaded Duramax head gasket repair. While there, I had the sun-faded headlight assemblies replaced, so with a wash and a wax, it looks nearly new again. Yesterday, I even treated it to a chrome/stainless exhaust tip.

Now it's time to hitch it up to the TH and go camping.

Badhabt
Explorer
Explorer
Since it always happens that when I need a bottle opener camping I cant find one...I dug around my garage and found an old Coke bottle opener and then used a convenient screw to attach it. And to catch the caps...another garage find my old Cragar lug mug. Now starting to work on a flag pole holder that attaches to my ladder mount on my Raptor!

06 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Dually Tow Boss
07 Raptor 3612DS
06 Raptor 700R 50th Anniv Edition - mine
06 Wolverine 450 - wifes
13 Can Am Spyder ST-Limited - more mine
14 Can Am Spyder RT-S - more hers

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
HAD the same thing happen to me on 2 different occasions , lost a tire each time it happened, one lost a spring also but have bought a set of wet bolts and the shackles went from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick and I feel a lot better about traveling now. Good luck.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:
Did the suspension upgrade on the other side of my rig today. Learned some things:

1) Make sure all the grease fittings are completely screwed in before installation. One came off after installation and it was a b****h to reinsert after installation of the equalizer (that I didn't want to take off again).

2) hammering the bolts in is tricky. I thought they were tight but under some circumstances they grabbed but didn't pull down tight to the head.

3) the left side was harder to do because the drain pipes are in the way of two of the bolts. I had to mount those with the grease fittings 'out' - all the rest are in (better access for my configuration). Couldn't use my torque wrench on those. Made best guess.

4) took the opportunity to look at other stuff: the strap holding the rear drain pipe is broken and the strap holding the generator exhaust is about to break.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
invstr55 wrote:
sorry Joe, now the picture shows up, where did you get your upgrade from?

I ordered the parts from Dexter.

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
sorry Joe, now the picture shows up, where did you get your upgrade from?

Thanks

Dan
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
The other day I posted some photos of the EZ-Flex upgrade I did on my suspension. Here is the condition of the old bolts and bushings:

This after 2 years and just under 20,000 miles.

How bad were they, I am about half way there at 1 year and 10k miles. Picture is not coming up.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

juzplanekrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Just got it back in storage last weekend after my daughter stayed in it for 6 months.
Needs some serious cleaning and some Love before it gets back on the road. Kicked around selling it for a MoHo, but just not there yet.
2021 Dodge Ram Longhorn 4x4 Dually
2019 KZ Durango Gold 371
B & W Companion 25K

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
The other day I posted some photos of the EZ-Flex upgrade I did on my suspension. Here is the condition of the old bolts and bushings:

This after 2 years and just under 20,000 miles.

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:
jackxclan wrote:
New grease in the wheel bearings on one side what a messy no fun at all job. ๐Ÿ˜ž

HUGE difference doing it at home or work over somewhere out on the highway.

Being a mechanic for way too many years, I hated packing bearings, but being a brake and suspension tech, there was no way to avoid it.

Brakes look good, old grease was like new, but i've heard stories about people loosing wheels so its a yearly job. Just this morning I saw a hauler parked with a wheel missing and damage on the hauler behind the wheel well.
This weekend other side ;-/

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:
New grease in the wheel bearings on one side what a messy no fun at all job. ๐Ÿ˜ž

HUGE difference doing it at home or work over somewhere out on the highway.

Being a mechanic for way too many years, I hated packing bearings, but being a brake and suspension tech, there was no way to avoid it.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
Loading it up today and tomorrow for our trip to Cocoa Beach Florida!
Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

high_desert
Explorer
Explorer
2BlueHeelers wrote:
high desert wrote:

That's interesting. My Fuzion's stereo is wired the exact opposite of yours. The outside speakers and inside subwoofer are wired through the amp. The inside speakers are wired from the head unit only. Maybe an assembly line screw up on yours.

That's funny, I remember yours being wired through the outside light switch and only worked while you were making coffee? :B

That was a special order option. Well worth the $$$ ๐Ÿ˜›

06 Silverado 3500 CC DRW 4x4 LT3 D/A
09 Fuzion 393 Touring Edition
Banks SpeedBrake & Economind Power Pack tuner
TrailerSaver Air Ride hitch (TS3)
BrakeSmart
08 Polaris Outlaw 525 KTM IRS
08 Honda TRX 400 EX
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
Honda TRX 250 EX