cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to stabilize 5er?

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
Have not tried it but I imagine the best location for additional stabilizer jacks would be to the front or rear of the wheels. I would seem that the springs are a weak point given that you have rigid stabilizers at the front and rear.
Now that I have given my untested point of view I would like to hear some tested opinions to help me make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your responses.
21 REPLIES 21

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Adding JT Strongarm stabilizers made a LOT of difference in taking the shake out of ours.

Same here - best mod I have ever done.

Did you install on rear too?
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Adding JT Strongarm stabilizers made a LOT of difference in taking the shake out of ours.

Did you install on the rear as well?
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the steadyfast system and x-chocks, they stop most of the rocking. you will still get the spring bounce though. I added scissor jacks in front of tires to stop most of that. not rock solid but it is big difference
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
BB_TX wrote:

Same here - best mod I have ever done.
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did a poor mans 6pt level up system. Front landing gear, mid ship and rear stabilizers. Seems to work well for us.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
sjturbo wrote:
Have not tried it but I imagine the best location for additional stabilizer jacks would be to the front or rear of the wheels. I would seem that the springs are a weak point given that you have rigid stabilizers at the front and rear.
Now that I have given my untested point of view I would like to hear some tested opinions to help me make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your responses.

There are several stabilizing "systems" available. JT Strongarms are probably the most well-know, but BAL also makes a similar system. Several people here have posted DIY stabilizers that utilize the same concept.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member