cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Razor to get, 2 or 4 seater?

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just started my search for a Razor. I think I would prefer the 1000 4 seater. I really don't "Need" 4 seats as it's just me and maybe a passenger, but for a couple thousand $$ it may be nice for the times there may be extra people or even more room to carry extra gear.
I think the extra HP and better suspension of the 1000 may be worth it, but the 900 also gets good reviews and would probably work.
I'm not one who needs to be the fastest or coolest, but want good performance and reliability. I'll use it for desert and mountains, like Cal City or Mammoth and am more into trail riding vs sand dunes.
What do you have and why did you choose it?
Would you buy it again or get something different?
PS. Don't need the Turbo.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650
33 REPLIES 33

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I have a two seater and enjoy how nimble it is. The longer wheel base of the 4-seater will be a detriment on some really interesting trails.

As mentioned, look at Canam, Yamaha, and the others. While we enjoy the RZR, I'm not a Polaris fan-boy.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kind of depends on how tight of trails you ride. When I had my 4 seat UTV it was not near as maneuverable as the two seat the other guy was driving. If tight trails isn't a issue I would get he one you like best.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it all depends on if you have room in your trailer for the 4 seater. With the added weight of the 4 seater (especially with more passengers) I would definitely recommend the 1K over the 900. The longer wheelbase actually give a better ride IMO over the 2-seater but you sacrifice some weight and maneuverability.

Are you set on the RZR or have you checked out the Can-Am Maverick as well.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

dahopkins
Explorer
Explorer
Good question I will be watching this.

Thanks!!
David
2005 Jayco Eagle 301
2005 GMC 2500 Crew Cab
Yahama Generator EF3000iSEB "Natural Gas, Low Pressure Propane & Gasoline"