cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel able to handle G rated tire

MrCrabby
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a new Jayco 5th wheel yesterday. The tires on it are Rainier 235/80/16 load range E. I intend to replace them immediately. I cannot find the maximum tire pressure on the wheel, but I did find a stamp that says 3750. My current 5th wheel has the same size tires, but it is stamped 3250. Does anyone know if the new wheel stamped 3750 will accept the load range G tire and 110psi. Service writer is 99% sure they will, and the local goodyear dealer said it sounds like it would be fine. Thanks
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
2014 F350 Lariet 6.4 LWB
27 REPLIES 27

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
MrCrabby wrote:
I cannot find the maximum tire pressure on the wheel, but I did find a stamp that says 3750.
The wheel can handle the pressure required for the listed weight rating.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
MrCrabby wrote:
Those are not the same wheels that I have. But, those are the ones on the Pinnacle in their brochure. If you do a search of units in dealers inventory that have the Goodyear tire option, you will see the other wheel. Mine came with the newer wheel and metal stems, even though it had the Rainier tires. The wheel is clearly marked 3750 rating on the back, and the tire installer confirmed they were rated at 110psi. I have a friend that has the same unit and his also has Raniers with the newer wheel.

Glad it you got the better wheel. Just wanted to make sure. Good travels down the road.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrCrabby wrote:
Those are not the same wheels that I have. But, those are the ones on the Pinnacle in their brochure. If you do a search of units in dealers inventory that have the Goodyear tire option, you will see the other wheel. Mine came with the newer wheel and metal stems, even though it had the Rainier tires. The wheel is clearly marked 3750 rating on the back, and the tire installer confirmed they were rated at 110psi. I have a friend that has the same unit and his also has Raniers with the newer wheel.

That is good, because the T03's are not! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

MrCrabby
Explorer
Explorer
2014 F350 Lariet 6.4 LWB

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winged One wrote:
Probably day late/dollar short, but looking at the pics online at Jayco Pinnacle, they look like mine.

Is that true OP?

If so, they are 100 lb wheels. Whoops, 94 lbs. They used to be listed as 100 lb. Interesting and sad.

Manufacturer ratings

That appears to be Tredit T03, and they have a history of cracking on the spokes near the hub. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Probably day late/dollar short, but looking at the pics online at Jayco Pinnacle, they look like mine.

Is that true OP?

If so, they are 100 lb wheels. Whoops, 94 lbs. They used to be listed as 100 lb. Interesting and sad.

Manufacturer ratings
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Widows_Son
Explorer
Explorer
Yellow tag on the drivers side front of the unit by the propane compartment on mine. Has the VIN and tire weight rating and pressure and rim pressure certification. Plus a bunch of other weight info.
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually Long bed 4x4
6.7 HD Cummins TD, Aisin Transmission, 3.73
2015 Jayco Eagle 339FLQS

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wheels have the weight rating stamped inside. You have to remove the tire to see it. Not a great design.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Op take my advise when your rig is fully loaded take it to the scales and weigh each axle, better yet each tire if possible. I went from "E" to GY "G" tires and the "G" tires did NOT need to be pressurized to 110#.

Call GY Tech Support to confirm for your self that what I am saying is true.

Per GY when up sizing as in "E" to "G" for example use the weight inflation chart for the new tire. Get the actual weight for your tires and compare to the chart. Add 5psi to the heaviest tire/weight pressure rating on each axle. I did this and ram 85psi (the lowest "G" tire pressure) for many thousands of miles with cool tread, smooth ride and good stopping power.

Most likely 85-90 psi will be all you need.

Remember the sidewall number is MAX pressure. Almost all RV's that run "E" tires do require that much pressure.

Great call on the GY "G" tires!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
*LR-G requires rim approved for 110 PSI and 3750 lbs. such as ALCOA’s 16x7J and Dexstar Wheel’s 16x6K.

That's on page 50 of the Goodyear truck tire data book.

GY Data Book

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
routemaster wrote:
I have China made Alloy wheels on my Everest, that say 80psi on the inside would you think if I took the psi up to 100 would the rims burst?

They won't burst as in a tire blowout but over pressuring a wheel by 20 psi then add the load will usually crack the wheels tire bead seat flange. Tire and whel mfg warn not to over pressure the wheel.
When I was on the road I've seen several ruined steel and aluminum wheels on trucks and trailers that some newby operator thought he could over pressure the wheel to match the tires pressure.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
routemaster wrote:
I have China made Alloy wheels on my Everest, that say 80psi on the inside would you think if I took the psi up to 100 would the rims burst?
Not very likely. But long term at the higher pressure could lead to cracks and failure in the future. But some China products are not known for their quality, so it's possible they could self-destruct with the higher pressures. Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

MrCrabby
Explorer
Explorer
Question was answered today. Had the G614 installed and reused the metal valve stems that came with the wheels. Local Goodyear dealer said no issues and I'm good to go. $1255.00 out the door and there's a $20.00 per tire rebate out there.
2014 F350 Lariet 6.4 LWB