cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which fifth wheel hitch in moderate price range

rowdybuckster
Explorer
Explorer
I am leaning toward the Pro 15 Reese, but am seeing lots of used ones for sale, is it a problem child? Also looking at the Draw-Tite, an the husky. Also is there that much difference between the 15k an the 16K except for the price? Not interested in the B&W it's more than I want to pay, I know they are a good product but out of my price range. Your input would be very helpful.
they say a dump question is one that is not ask, So I am saying I don't know about this hitch thing, that is why I am asking. Thanks for your input.
22 REPLIES 22

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Husky. Zero issues with mine.

TJames1974
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 16K Reese pulling a Cougar 327 and have zero issues with it. I found it on CL for $125 as I already had the rails as it was my dads old truck. It hitches solid and now with the brake controller adjusted right it does not chuck like people like to complain about. I know people on here dont like the Reese but I have had no issue with it. My Dad has been pulling with the Reese for about 7 years now without issue either. I know it isn't an Anderson or a BW or some other fancy one but I like my Reese hitch personally and would buy it again.
2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel
2017 Cougar 32RLK Fifth Wheel

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you don't want to but let me beg you to spend the money for a quality product. Having had a cheapo hitch and now a quality one I can tell you I'd rather just tow a tent trailer than go back to a crappy hitch. The difference is night and day between the two. Save a few hundred dollars somewhere else and you'll be much happier.

On Edit - just re-read your post and it's worth noting my nightmare hitch was a Reese. The thing was just ****. I literally needed a rubber mallet to set the safety pin each time. The jaws wouldn't latch securely, wouldn't release, the slide function was terrible. Every function of the thing was just terrible. I constantly worried it was going to break free while towing. I now have a B/W and it's like a hot knife through butter.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Husky 16K 4-way articulating head

Has been my hitch past 10 yrs for my 14K 5vr.....first 7 yrs towing Full Time

Good hitch, wrap around jaw, positive locking, titling head---wide slot for off angle hitching.

Solid less expensive hitch that works
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
IdaD wrote:
Check out the Andersen Ultimate.

x2 ^^. Hated to give mine up.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Andersen Ultimate.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
B & W Patriot . Check it out. Fair price and great hitch.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'd be much better off looking at either the Pullrite or B&W. The B&W has a lower price version, the Patriot (maybe I'm not sure). You will be a lot happier in the end.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper