cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'm Proud To Be A "Creeker"

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Our 07' Cedar Creek Daydreamer has been a fantastic fiver' for me and Frau Blücher over the years and she (both the Daydreamer and Frau Blücher) still turn heads

Five years ago I noticed that the clear-coat was flaking off and when I called CC's warranty folks they had it re-done for us (thanks to Topeka Graphics, a real class act!!) and all was perfect until last fall when we got to our spot in Florida when I noticed that the lower seam along the upper deck was opening up

After some research here on this forum I discovered that this was another case of the "Lippert Frame Flex" so I called up CC's warranty department and spoke to their manager George Oliver who after looking into my situation told me that Cedar Creek would be happy to fix our fiver but as they only had one service bay they couldn't get it in until October 25th and they would need it for 3 weeks which I had no problems with so when Oct 25th came around we pulled our poor fiver back to her factory to be fixed. When we got there we were greeted by Denise Davis (George's right-hand-woman) and Jaired their RV mechanic and all-around-good guy and was assured they'd take good care of the old girl! Well Lippert was supposed to be there the next day to start the repairs but bailed until the following week which backed things up for another week then after they did their repair Jaired wasn't satisfied with the job Lippert did and they were called back to do it right! By the we were into week three and as winter was scratching at the door I called Denise and asked if it would be much longer and she said that they would put a rush on the paint for us but they didn't want to hurry and not do a good job, two days later I got an e-mail fro Denise telling me to pick up our girl on that Friday! The repair was perfect, solid as a rock, Topeka Graphics did another superb paint job and we were blown away!!

George Oliver told me that he was very happy to work for a company that can be there for their customers and this is yet another case of Cedar Creek's commitment to quality but most of all after-the-sale customer service,,, I want to thank George, Denise, Jaired and the rest of the crew over at Cedar Creek for doing such a fine job on our Daydreamer and for making her safe and still the "belle-of-the-ball" wherever we take her,,,, **** right i'm proud to be a "Creeker"!!!

Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
8 REPLIES 8

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, very impressive customer service to say the least. I love the full body paint on your unit. We were actually very pumped on a 2011 36' Cedar Creek with the full body paint (black and silver) when we were looking to upgrade 2 years ago. It was absolutely beautiful on the exterior and in mint condition. Problem was someone had factory ordered it new and picked REALLY ugly orange cabinetry on the interior. What a downer when we walked into that unit! :(. The dealer said it had been on the lot for over a year because of it.

Thanks to all the Cedar Creek owners for posting; we will definitely keep this in mind for our next unit.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2009 Silverback was damaged way worse than MPI-Mallard's....due to the same frame flex. The last straw happened while in New Brunswick, Canada. The frame was sitting on our Trailair hitch...and the 3" opening was 2/3s around the front - in the same location as MPI-Mallards.

We called CC and they said no problem they would fix it at no cost, their wide bodied trailers had been having this problem. They (even) picked it up at our house (MD) and took it to the factory. Denise Davis and crew were fantastic, she gave us an update at least once a week, they had it around 3 weeks or so. We decided we' pick it up to meet her and crew, and see the factory. The CCRVOC members were having a luncheon for the factory on the day we arrived...we got to see many friends that we hadn't seen in about 5 years.

Our baby was better than new, they did an incredible job...they even gave us a new trailair hitch, replaced ALL our slide seals, repaired our front closet, which was total destroyed from all the flexing - and they gave us a new set of stairs....all at their cost.

We are creeker's for life....when I told Denise we had already decided on our next model, her response was, we wanna give you a good trade-in!! Talk about customer service.

Hats off to Denise, CC, and Ray Sager (fellow CCRVOC member).

Mike & Carol Kieber
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
So good to hear stories of great customer care, they seem to be few and far between! Beautiful rig BTW!
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same thing happen with our 2010 Creek with the very same results, they are great at the factory and always amazed at what they can do. We just replaced ours with the new River Stone Legacy which is another Forest River line started by a lot of the folks from Cedar Creek and they are keeping the same level of service there also. Jeff & Jay are the go to guys there and I think were both from Cedar Creek
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
So where is the pic of the Frau?
Very nice rig.
Puma 30RKSS

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome story about standup customer service

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Our story is similar to B.O. Plenty's story. We bought our "Creek" last year after owning a Heartland product for 5 years. The Heartland had the Lippert Frame Flex issue as well. Heartland stepped up and made the repair well out of warranty. We were able to spend a week in the Elkhart area touring different R.V. plants while the repair was being made. During the first two years, the Heartland product made 7 trips back to the dealer for issues I couldn't resolve myself. We are EXTREMELY happy with our current purchase and are already planning for trips for next year.

That Daydreamer is one beautiful unit!

Mark
Mark and Dianna
along with Hank the Wonderdog
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great story. We just purchased our first cedar Creek after owning a Heartland product with mixed reviews. I hope we can be just as happy with ours after another 10 years..So far so good.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS