cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Golf Cart

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
Who owns golf carts and takes them camping and on RV trips. Well, I do. Let's see some pictures of everyone's special golf cart. Here's mine!

Gasser Cart has: 6" Lift kit, 22" wheels, custom air brush paint job, and soon to get an engine swap from 350cc to 680cc for a bit more power.
Gene & Robin Somogyi
Proud Parents of an Air Force Fighter Pilot
2015 3500 Chevy CC/Duramax/Allison/4X4
2005 Discover America LS 33.5RLTG
Two (his & her) 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4Tec Supercharged toys
2006 EZ-Go 6Passenger Cart
55 REPLIES 55

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
That Timeout Tent trailer sure brought back memories! I used to have one that I pulled behind my Honda Goldwing motorcycle. Before DS came the DW and I put quite a few miles behind us with that setup!
Gene & Robin Somogyi

xaugievike
Explorer
Explorer
Here's mine - the battery tray replacement project never really came to an end 🙂

2015 Chevy Silverado 3500hd DRW.
Pulling Keystone Cougar 325SRX

A buddy and I started a blog - you can read it here:
http://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Here's ours. Not technically a golf cart but the same size. Actually about 4 inches shorter than my club car but this one goes 85 mph without breakin a sweat. As long as the top is down the golf bags go in easy....not so much if the top isn't down. It's also our off road explorer after we take about 10 pounds out of the tires.

We prefer to tow on a trailer but most seem to tow them four down.

And it makes a great little tow vehicle for our tent trailer when we decide to rough it for a couple days

Or go kayaking

Our all purpose vehicle. Ours are diesels but they are available in gas and electric.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer

Click For Full-Size Image.
my Golfcart
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Davosfam, golf carts are a good relatively inexpensive toy to play with and he obviously has a good time with it. I leave her cart alone and play with my boat and old tow vehicle. All I really use it for is to pull the boat in and out of the garage.

ogfalconsr, I seen one not to long ago that was set up like a shifter cart. It sounded like it had a two cylinder lawnmower engine on it. It had a shifter in the floor just like a truck shifter. At first I had thought he might had put a lawnmower rear end in it too but he was shifting it on the fly too easily for that. I never got to talk to him because by the time I could get to where I could flag him down he was gone. I was on the water fishing by the marina.

None the less, it was a cool cart.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
A good golf cart project is never finished! There is always something else to add or accessorize on it! Some use the term 'money pit'- DW does! My next project is a bigger gas engine for mine...:B
Gene & Robin Somogyi

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
He was talking about lifting the truck earlier this week. :S Thankfully, that won't work with our 5th wheel. He has the leveling kit on it and that will have to do for now. The truck and the golf cart match with the exception of color.

If he reads this thread, he is going to say, "See, you SHOULD leave me alone." Haha! Hoping the cart will be done after the new lights. But then he'll probably want to put a new body on it. 😉
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
davosfam wrote:
Seems there can't be too much else he can do to it. 😉

HA!!! Never underestimate a man when he's modifying!!!!! LOL!!! It's fun and you should let him be because he could be modifying the truck. LOL!!! Now that's an endless and costly thing.

Wait until he fines out how to fine tune the clutch on the cart. I had the one in the my picture running almost 25 mph once. LOL!!! That lasted until the DW took it for a spin and made me put it back original.:B:S
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
transamz9 wrote:
LOL! Yes, if that were my cart and not my DW's it would have light bars, air horns, heat and air , the works. LOL! It is mainly used around our house for yard work and the occasional ride through the subdivision so I guess it's fine the way it is......although now that I think about it, a good set of train horns and some good and bright LED light bars would make it safer to drive through the subdivision with. People could see and here us better. LOL!

Ha! DH was going to put a light bar on it until he saw one on a cart at our campground. It lit up EVERYTHING! So I'm saved from a light bar. But he's given me enough hints that I know he is going to put new lights on it before next summer.

Last summer, new wheels, tires, stereo system and rear seat. This summer, new front seat, leaf springs and replaced the lift kit. We will see what next summer holds. Seems there can't be too much else he can do to it. 😉

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
davosfam wrote:
transamz9 - Love your golf cart! I know my hubby will want to add some diamond plate to ours if he sees yours. Apparently a stereo, speakers and subwoofer aren't enough "extras" for a golf cart. He is already looking at a new dash for it.

LOL! Yes, if that were my cart and not my DW's it would have light bars, air horns, heat and air , the works. LOL! It is mainly used around our house for yard work and the occasional ride through the subdivision so I guess it's fine the way it is......although now that I think about it, a good set of train horns and some good and bright LED light bars would make it safer to drive through the subdivision with. People could see and here us better. LOL!

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
transamz9 - Love your golf cart! I know my hubby will want to add some diamond plate to ours if he sees yours. Apparently a stereo, speakers and subwoofer aren't enough "extras" for a golf cart. He is already looking at a new dash for it.

billmac
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
Those are cool! If you pedal, does it significantly extend the range?

Yep. The range on the ebike is unlimited, if you pedal.. But I like to pedal slow without effort while the motor does the work. Styling on my beach cruiser.

Funny thing tho, at home, we usually take the golf cart to visit the neighborhood and leave the electric bikes in the garage.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Those are cool! If you pedal, does it significantly extend the range?
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

billmac
Explorer
Explorer
My golf cart stays home when we take off in the rv. However we do take our two 36 volt electric bicycles. The bikes are easier to haul and are very versatile. They will go about 15-20 mph for at least ten miles. I can pedal, or not, and most people just think I am riding my beach cruiser bike through the camp ground or to the local store.