cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Golf Cart

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
Who owns golf carts and takes them camping and on RV trips. Well, I do. Let's see some pictures of everyone's special golf cart. Here's mine!

Gasser Cart has: 6" Lift kit, 22" wheels, custom air brush paint job, and soon to get an engine swap from 350cc to 680cc for a bit more power.
Gene & Robin Somogyi
Proud Parents of an Air Force Fighter Pilot
2015 3500 Chevy CC/Duramax/Allison/4X4
2005 Discover America LS 33.5RLTG
Two (his & her) 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4Tec Supercharged toys
2006 EZ-Go 6Passenger Cart
55 REPLIES 55

CenTex
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had a problem either. I have even pulled it on a semi trailer at speeds that exceeded 80MPH without any problems. When on the semi trailer it was behind the truck sleeper.
WITH AGE COMES WISDOM, AS WELL AS LOTS OF ACHES AND PAIN.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I could see that as an issue. just four bolts hold my plastic top on. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

redcow
Explorer
Explorer
ogfalconsr wrote:
redcow wrote:
ogfalconsr wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
How to you carry it with you with a FW?

I double tow with a hitch on my 5th Wheel. The cart is loaded onto a 5 by 14 trailer hooked to my 5th wheel. We take it to Port Aransas on theTexas coast.

I have heard that towing a golf cart behind a fifth wheel RV will create a turbulence that will tear the roof off of the cart?
Anyone heard of that or comment on that?

I can only speak for myself, but I have never heard of that. And I have not experienced that issue when pulling my golf cart/trailer to the Texas Coast behind my 5th wheel. I generally pull it about 350 miles round trip from San Antonio area to Port Aransas and back home.

I stopped at a local used cart dealer looking for a mirror. I told him I was concerned about the overall length (64 feet, we are legal to 65) and he told me the story about the turbulence. Don't know if he was just blowing hot air or not?
Gene
'Last one' 2008 Dodge 3500DRW, flatbed, 6.7 Diesel, 6 speed auto
'Take it easy' 31 ft 2010 Winslow by Excel D31 SKM

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
redcow wrote:
ogfalconsr wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:

I double tow with a hitch on my 5th Wheel. The cart is loaded onto a 5 by 14 trailer hooked to my 5th wheel. We take it to Port Aransas on theTexas coast.

I have heard that towing a golf cart behind a fifth wheel RV will create a turbulence that will tear the roof off of the cart?

I can only speak for myself, but I have never heard of that. And I have not experienced that issue when pulling my golf cart/trailer to the Texas Coast behind my 5th wheel. I generally pull it about 350 miles round trip from San Antonio area to Port Aransas and back home.

Gene
Gene & Robin Somogyi

redcow
Explorer
Explorer
ogfalconsr wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:

'Last one' 2008 Dodge 3500DRW, flatbed, 6.7 Diesel, 6 speed auto
'Take it easy' 31 ft 2010 Winslow by Excel D31 SKM

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado golf cart!

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
One year in Bushnell area park a MH pulled in towing a trailer almost as big as the MH. After he was settled he opened the trailer and backed out a baby blue 56 Crown Victoria car. Then he drove out a 56 baby blue Crown Vic golf cart. Matched each other perfectly. They do take it seriously down there.
As for the Villages they even have separate roads for the golf carts. Last I was that way there was a big scrap going on between electrics and gassers due to a serious collision..Never did find out how it turned out.
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
http://jalopnik.com/5344771/street-legal-bumper-cars-prove-world-is-a-beautiful-place/

http://www.coolcustomcars.com/classicbodies.html

Sweet...!!!!:B
Gene & Robin Somogyi

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
If you want to see thousands of tricked out golf carts all in one place take a trip to The Villages in Florida!! Everything from a conversion to an exact replica of a Mercedes Benz to a 57 Chevy or Hummer and every football logo theme you can think of.
http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/index.html

I drove thru there to get to a specialty feed store and it is golf carts wall to wall up and down every street. There is no parking for cars on the streets only in the back parking lots behind the stores. The Walmart in that town even has designated an entire portion of the parking lot for the golf carts.

Took a few pics while driving my toad down the street. It was a cold and rainy day so they all had their little convertible tops up. AND most are street legal so they go all over this town!

But beware if you stop to grocery shop in this town. Where a crash helmet when you get out of your car because they come out of no where and run you right over! :B

Last year when we went to Fort Wilderness at Disney we made a side trip to the Villages. You ain't kidding about the number of carts running around there!!!
Gene & Robin Somogyi

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://jalopnik.com/5344771/street-legal-bumper-cars-prove-world-is-a-beautiful-place/

http://www.coolcustomcars.com/classicbodies.html
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to see thousands of tricked out golf carts all in one place take a trip to The Villages in Florida!! Everything from a conversion to an exact replica of a Mercedes Benz to a 57 Chevy or Hummer and every football logo theme you can think of.
http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/index.html

I drove thru there to get to a specialty feed store and it is golf carts wall to wall up and down every street. There is no parking for cars on the streets only in the back parking lots behind the stores. The Walmart in that town even has designated an entire portion of the parking lot for the golf carts.

Took a few pics while driving my toad down the street. It was a cold and rainy day so they all had their little convertible tops up. AND most are street legal so they go all over this town!

But beware if you stop to grocery shop in this town. Where a crash helmet when you get out of your car because they come out of no where and run you right over! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
ogfalconsr wrote:
Liking the 8 Ball shift lever!!!:C

I'll pass that along to the hubby. He will be thrilled that someone noticed!
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
CenTex wrote:
Here is my 2014 Yamaha golf cart that I bought last November. I use it when I go camping, depending on where I go and also to the truck shows that I attend several times a year.

This trailer for the FW

Yep, nice setups all the way around....
Gene & Robin Somogyi

ogfalconsr
Explorer
Explorer
davosfam wrote:
Before the seat makeover:

New seat:

We do not travel with it. It stays at our lot. My hubby has put a lot of hours in on it.

Liking the 8 Ball shift lever!!!:C
Gene & Robin Somogyi

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
Before the seat makeover:

New seat:

We do not travel with it. It stays at our lot. My hubby has put a lot of hours in on it.
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax